Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Lund

Problem with Hong Kong

Guest Peter Lund

Hi guys,I have just landed after an 11 hour flight in Hong Kong. However there is one small problem.I am now parked at Hong Kong (VHHH) but the selected station is Cheung Chau (VHCH) which is 9NM away. When I force VHHH weather is says that I am 15NM away which dosn

Hi Peter,Is VHHH the old airport or the new? We do base things on the FS databases. Not sure why forcing things changes the distance.

Hi Peter,Is VHHH the old airport or the new? We do base things on the FS databases. Not sure why forcing things changes the distance.
Hi Jim,VHHH is the new airport. I get the same thing as Peter... reporting station is VHCH - even on the old Kai Tak airport (which I am using, of course. LOL)Furthermore, if you approach VHHH from N-NW, there is always a clouds popup when getting close to VHHH. There is some kind of conflict between weather stations in and around Hong Kong, methinks. :(The other day I went and forced weather on all four nearest weather stations around Hong Kong and only then got something that resembled reported weather. But the clouds popup is still there. Something is definitely not quite right over there. Well, I learned to live with it, it makes approach into the old Kai Tak even more interesting. But clouds popups can be a tad annoying...Other than that, I am now using ASE exclusively, no more ASv6.5. At last. ASA/E has improved a lot lately and I finally came to a spot where I am happy using it. Still some issues left (high alt clouds, screen flickering on weather insertion) but you're getting there.... and it is appreciated. A lot. :(Regards,Jure

Hi,I don't have FSX installed at the moment, but is VHHH a default airport?

Hi,I don't have FSX installed at the moment, but is VHHH a default airport?
Jim,neither have I... :( In FS9, VHHH is a default airport, yes. Regards,Jure

Hi,We are pulling the weather for VHHH, but I suggest that the database entry is wrong for the airport. We must use the default data, so that may be the problem here. Yes, it is!Go to the edit weather stations tab and load the Data Stations file. Find VHHH on the list and edit the Lat to 22.309 and the Long to 113.915. Save the edit and restart ASE and if you go to VHHH that is what will show up in ASE.

Guest Peter Lund

Hi Jim,I still have the issue with Hong Kong. I have checked Data Station file and that is correct.I am currently parked on the cargo apron in Hong Kong (Imagine Sim) at the coordinates are: N22* 17.79 E113* 55.19Don

Hi,You may need to edit the other files that have this station with the same latitude and longititude.

Guest Peter Lund

Hi Jim,I finally got it to work. Thanks for your help.Best regardsPeter Lund