Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

weather still "jumps" in FS2004? or is just me?

i have been using active sky wx and also just default updated wx in fs2004 (not at the same time, one or the other) and i also have a registered ver. of fsuipc, latest ver.ok, so the clouds, form slowly but i noticed that the visibility changes quickly jump from one to another.. like i was flying in seattle area and it was low vis then all of a sudeen poof, 15miles vis. i thought that stuff was suppose to be gradual, do i not have something not setup correctly in fsuipc? or anything else??thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest jase439

Have you enabled visibility smoothing in FSUIPC? The other thing is that everytime your wx program updates FS2K4, it purges everything that was there previously and pumps new data into the simulator. In those cases, these programs actually take a step backwards in that they do not provide smooth transitions between updates. I've since changed the way I use these programs (in my case, FSMeteo). I download the weather once, and let the dynamic weather engine in FS take over from there. If I fly a long flight I'll set the wx program to update on the hour.

jase,Please keep in mind that AS V1.9 was produced just to allow it to work well with FS04. Also there was a concern for FSUIPC pay vs. free as well. We did not take a step backwards, only a sidestep while we develop ActiveSky 2, which will have local weather, smooth transitions, weather radar, VOICE and text ATIS (as it does now), and a host of other features.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

ahhh. thanks, thats what im looking fori want to be able to fly along and see the fog coming and then fly into it, not all of a sudden poofthanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!