Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Help! Trouble saving MCP and FMC settings on ground

I built a detailed FMC flight yesterday on the ground at WMKK for a flight to HK. I saved the flightplan within the FMC and later on during the same set-up session, set all the MCP panel settings along with wx and so on. Then I saved the flight in standard FS2004 style. However, now when I load this flight, although the flightplan loads normally and correctly, none of the previously saved settings of the aircraft are saved in the FMC and ditto for the MCP. I have to re program the PERF INIT page and all the other related pre flight pages. And I have to re-set everything on the MCP and turn on the FD, A/T, etc.I have some other PSS 777 non-FMC flights saved while in the air and all of those show correctly saved settings on the MCP and FMC (all pages except for LEGS, that is) when I click to load them within FS2004.Am I doing something wrong or is this normal for this aircraft?Appreciate any posts, thanks.JS

I never got any replies to this post but I did more work and this is what I think I find with the PSS 777 in FS2004: if I develop an FMC flightplan in a completely fresh flight situation that I build, and I then set up the MCP for that FMC flightplan, and then save the entire flight situation as an FS2004 file, all works fine. But if I first save the flightplan within the FMC (separately, so to speak), and then call the flightplan up on the FMC during the same session and then set up the MCP, and save the flight situation, when I re-load that flight situation, the FMC flightplan is NOT loaded and the MCP panel settings are all lost. If I bring up a previously successfully saved flight situation with an FMC flightplan already loaded in that flight situation that was developed without being saved separately (as a flightplan), and then make any changes to the flightplan (or in fact perform ANY edits within the FMC or any sort), I can then save the revised situation under a DIFFERENT file name and all works; but if I re-save it under the existing file situation name, all FMC and MCP panel settings are lost on reloading the flight situation!Using NOTEPAD, I have looked at several PSS 777 saved situation files in FS2004 to research this further. I observe that when one loads a previously saved FMC flightplan flight, with the correct MCP settings, none of that data (specifically the PSS data) gets saved when you save the revised flight situation. However, the flight situation data gets saved normally (the regular FS2004 data about your aircraft, location, weather, etc.) The PSS field of data usually a mile long, much longer than the flight situation data, and that seems to "fall out" of the saved situation file when you've edited the FMC in any way at all.There is definitely something weird about all this. From time to time, I have wondered whether it's me, but I wonder whether there is a glitch within PSS that causes this weirdness? Apart from this, the aircraft generally works very well for me in NVAN/LNAV flight, the ILS works perfectly, and I need to do a few minor workarounds for some imperfections, but no deal killers at least. Appreciate any posts, thanks.JS

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.