Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Rc4 sid star questions and flight planning

Hey all There probably is a logical explanation to this on but ive done research to no avail. I think RC is a fantastic product but i sem to need a few answeres on a few things.Tutorial flights were good but my issue lies deeper then that.Understandibly fs atc is horrible when it comes to real life planning and executing a real plan in regards to departing and arriving an airport with atc guidance. I understand RC lifts alot of the quirks of fs but one thing i found odd, was after all the research i did to find a realistic flight plan and creating the plan along with the plates, i realized importing this into my FMC was no sweat. But in regards to telling fs where im going via radar contact i found it rather odd my sid and stars were non existent. Now i know i get to fly my approach but i thought RC would guide or assist me as in real life. I know the default atc and planner would never do this for me as they throw me all over the place, but RC is basically silenced throughout the sid and star phase, WHAT ABOUT TRAFFIC? I like the fact i can fly my star and sid or not and be vectored in, but RC is technically not matching up as to what the manual says. Ive read that it says rc wants to know where your going and will when you file a flight plan, but theoretically it doesn't matter what star or sid i fly until the checkpoint about 30 miles out (vor for example). Is this supposed to be like this or am i doing something wrong by not seeing my sid star in the radar contact screen when importing my plan? Isn't the fmc and Rc supposed to match up, just as default atc should match with the flight plan being flown or gps?NOw the only other option i can think off is that winds may change and therefore another star will have to be flown or a decision on landing on a different runway by preferance due to traffic wx etc.... See its more simple when flying out on SID because atc needs me there within a certain amount of time since im climbing and i can follow my plate but on arrival if i chose the wrong entry point or runway changes due to wind im basically alone when drifting off my STAR atc wont tell me or care about my location until im really close to the aerodrome and ready for approach clearances to the runway! Technically thats what default atc did, it did not not care about real life procedures and bug me every time about directions and altitude. SO i see radar contact just being silent in those phases of flight, so i can work, but what about traffic!!!!!Please enlighten me if im off course here!Thanks

Hey all There probably is a logical explanation to this on but ive done research to no avail. I think RC is a fantastic product but i sem to need a few answeres on a few things.Tutorial flights were good but my issue lies deeper then that.Understandibly fs atc is horrible when it comes to real life planning and executing a real plan in regards to departing and arriving an airport with atc guidance. I understand RC lifts alot of the quirks of fs but one thing i found odd, was after all the research i did to find a realistic flight plan and creating the plan along with the plates, i realized importing this into my FMC was no sweat. But in regards to telling fs where im going via radar contact i found it rather odd my sid and stars were non existent. Now i know i get to fly my approach but i thought RC would guide or assist me as in real life. I know the default atc and planner would never do this for me as they throw me all over the place, but RC is basically silenced throughout the sid and star phase, WHAT ABOUT TRAFFIC? I like the fact i can fly my star and sid or not and be vectored in, but RC is technically not matching up as to what the manual says. Ive read that it says rc wants to know where your going and will when you file a flight plan, but theoretically it doesn't matter what star or sid i fly until the checkpoint about 30 miles out (vor for example). Is this supposed to be like this or am i doing something wrong by not seeing my sid star in the radar contact screen when importing my plan? Isn't the fmc and Rc supposed to match up, just as default atc should match with the flight plan being flown or gps?NOw the only other option i can think off is that winds may change and therefore another star will have to be flown or a decision on landing on a different runway by preferance due to traffic wx etc.... See its more simple when flying out on SID because atc needs me there within a certain amount of time since im climbing and i can follow my plate but on arrival if i chose the wrong entry point or runway changes due to wind im basically alone when drifting off my STAR atc wont tell me or care about my location until im really close to the aerodrome and ready for approach clearances to the runway! Technically thats what default atc did, it did not not care about real life procedures and bug me every time about directions and altitude. SO i see radar contact just being silent in those phases of flight, so i can work, but what about traffic!!!!!Please enlighten me if im off course here!Thanks
have you read the section on flight planning and sid and stars in the manual? i thought we did a pretty good job on how it works, and is implemented in rcsimply put, for sids, it works like this:if you have a checkpoint inside 30 miles, its going to be a sid, and every checkpoint in the plan, is supposed to be progressed, as tightly (within 2 miles) as possible. so if your planner is putting the checkpoints there, rc expects you to fly it.but let's say there are 10 sids out of an airport, and half of them end at an intersection called east1 or west1 (i made those up). to allow you to fly any sid out of the airport, you would have to have 2 plans, 1 with east1 as the first checkpoint and one with west1 as the first checkpoint. then you choose the option in rc call flex sid (we're renaming it in v5). then rc doesn't care what you do from wheels up to you progress east1 (or west1 if that is in your plan). there is no watchdogging, because i don't know what you are flying. but i'm not going to say or do much, until you get to east1you can also choose the option, sid no alt - then i don't care what you do with your altitude.and if you have a checkpoint inside 30, but it's not because its a sid, choose the option no sid.so the choice is there, the choice is yours. but i can only watchdog you, if the checkpoints are in the plan. rc doesn't have a sid database. it relies on what is in the .plndoes that help?

have you read the section on flight planning and sid and stars in the manual? i thought we did a pretty good job on how it works, and is implemented in rcsimply put, for sids, it works like this:if you have a checkpoint inside 30 miles, its going to be a sid, and every checkpoint in the plan, is supposed to be progressed, as tightly (within 2 miles) as possible. so if your planner is putting the checkpoints there, rc expects you to fly it.but let's say there are 10 sids out of an airport, and half of them end at an intersection called east1 or west1 (i made those up). to allow you to fly any sid out of the airport, you would have to have 2 plans, 1 with east1 as the first checkpoint and one with west1 as the first checkpoint. then you choose the option in rc call flex sid (we're renaming it in v5). then rc doesn't care what you do from wheels up to you progress east1 (or west1 if that is in your plan). there is no watchdogging, because i don't know what you are flying. but i'm not going to say or do much, until you get to east1you can also choose the option, sid no alt - then i don't care what you do with your altitude.and if you have a checkpoint inside 30, but it's not because its a sid, choose the option no sid.so the choice is there, the choice is yours. but i can only watchdog you, if the checkpoints are in the plan. rc doesn't have a sid database. it relies on what is in the .plndoes that help?
It does help thanks for that.Basically i'm right, that phase is silenced becuase you as my atc program dont know which sid i filed. Understandably thats the limitation of the program. By all means its a great program but its sort of like the silence of ground traffic. You know im there but dont care how i get to the gate. no traffic advisories and no taxi info. Same as the sid, fly to the checkpoint after takeoff no matter how i get there. Where is this option for call flex sid, maybe i haven't explored it further and dont have the latest build?

It does help thanks for that.Basically i'm right, that phase is silenced becuase you as my atc program dont know which sid i filed. Understandably thats the limitation of the program. By all means its a great program but its sort of like the silence of ground traffic. You know im there but dont care how i get to the gate. no traffic advisories and no taxi info. Same as the sid, fly to the checkpoint after takeoff no matter how i get there. Where is this option for call flex sid, maybe i haven't explored it further and dont have the latest build?
4.3 is the latest version.you will still here chatter, traffic calls, etc while flying a sid, that's not going to change. but since the idea behind a sid is to reduce the amount of "do this, do that, etc" and it's more "fly this and get out of my space", you're not going to interact with the controller, unless you start missing checkpoints.page 209, kpie-kpie tutorial, you'll find flex dp. updated manual is at www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfjd