Sign in to follow this  
Guest Werner_fly

Can anyone help with Terramodels?

Guest Werner_fly

I looked in AVSIM Library for the Terramodels files:TerraModels Scenery Development SoftwareTerraModels Texture Packs - Version 2.1TerraModels Scenery PacksPre-built Object Models All the files are not available. Can anyone reload this files?Greetings Werner flying@wp-schulz.de

I looked in AVSIM Library for the Terramodels files:TerraModels Scenery Development SoftwareTerraModels Texture Packs - Version 2.1TerraModels Scenery PacksPre-built Object Models All the files are not available. Can anyone reload this files?Greetings Werner flying@wp-schulz.de
Werner,I have found this file which contains textures, and custom models that are required to use scenery generated with the TerraModels V2.1 product. There are two texture sets included: TM21_256.POD and TM21_128.POD. Is this one of the files you want?As I don't know the author I am unable to upload it so give me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.Regards,Ian

Guest Werner_fly
Werner,I have found this file which contains textures, and custom models that are required to use scenery generated with the TerraModels V2.1 product. There are two texture sets included: TM21_256.POD and TM21_128.POD. Is this one of the files you want?As I don't know the author I am unable to upload it so give me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.Regards,Ian
Hello Ian,thanks for your offer to help me. I look for the files listed athttp://www.avsim.com/terramodels/I don't know if it is enough to have only TM21_256.POD and TM21_128.PODGreetingsWernerflying@wp-schulz.de

Hi Werner,The TerraModels system was developed by Allen Kriesman. It looks like the site you were accessing for TerraModels was a sister site with Avsim, and was destroyed in the hacking process. Also, after checking the current state of the Library, I see the TerraModels program and texture sets were also destroyed/corrupted. The last texture set, I believe was version 2.1, and the last program (creation software) was version 2.2. Even if Ian gets you the texture sets, you'll still need the program to create new scenery with them.I will contact Allan and see how he would like to proceed - either he can re-upload the program and textures to the Library, or I can do this for him. In the meantime, if you need the program, I have an FTP site that I can upload it to, then give you access via an e-mail link. You will need:

• TerraModels Development Software 2.2
  • TM Texture Set 2.1

To use many of the prepared scenery packs in the library, you will also need Biber Salsa's models. I see that Biber's files are also gone, so I'll contact him about the situation. I can also provide Biber's models, if you don't want to wait. Once you have those items and have the models and textures installed in Fly!II, you can use many of the custom TerraModel airport scenery packs. Even with the losses and corruptions, there are a good many custom sceneries available in the Library. Many of them are under the proper subject heading of TerraModels, but there are also many TerraModels sets that were uploaded to the Scenery section.

Randall Rocke

Guest Werner_fly

Hello Randall,in the meantime I contacted Allen and he told me he does not have a copy of the software anymore .I think he will agree if you ask for permission to upload the tools in the AVSIM library. I can wait till you uploaded Allen tools and Biber Salsa's models.Greetings Werner

I have sent messages to Allen and Biber for their approval. If they approve, I will contact the Library managers to obtain approval for a re-upload of the files.

Randall Rocke

Werner,TerraModels and the original textures are back in the library! I hope to have Biber Salsa's models back up within the next 24 hours, mattering on whether the library approves.

Randall Rocke

Guest Werner_fly
Werner,TerraModels and the original textures are back in the library! I hope to have Biber Salsa's models back up within the next 24 hours, mattering on whether the library approves.
Hello Randall,thanks for uploading the needed files.GreetingsWerner