Sign in to follow this  

The Carmine apology...

I got this apology from Carmnine below.. feeling a little guilty now, because my e-mail to him was really, REALLY harsh indeed to him... (too harsh to copy into here infact).His apology below (and unlike Ferdy, I think Carmine had guts (and a heart) in that he replied so politley....Wondering what should be the next step??????------------------------------------------------------------Trevor,I have NEVER sent more than 1 email to ANYONE. I have publicly apologized on the front page of my website for my negligence and the people I angered. I also spoke to several HIGH ranking members of AVSIM to find out what I could do to make ammends. I don't know what else I could do. I REALLY am sorry about everything.I DON'T HAVE ANYONE'S email anymore and I PERSONALLY got only people's email from those that allowed other users to email them.I ALONE got those not FROM A STOLEN list.To save you from ever having to go to my website here is my main page:Attention ALL AVSIM USERS!I am making a PUBLIC STATEMENT OF GUILT AND APOLOGY TO ALL MEMBERS OF AVSIM.COM ESPECIALLY Tom Allensworth, Matt Johnson, & Scott Brazell for my violation of their Terms & Conditions and the disrespect that I have caused to users .Although my intentions were of a good nature, I went about it entirely the wrong way. My negligence for not following the Terms And Conditions of Avsim's website has caused MANY PEOPLE to be angered and hostile. I take full responsibility for what I have done and worked with no one on this situation. Regardless of what I may have thought, the truth of the matter is I was wrong on all counts to ever have done what I did. I know I cannot take back what I did but I really need to at least try some way to first of all publicy apologize and at the same time hope that in some way you will know that I feel deep remorse for what I have done. I have also deleted ALL of the email addresses from Avsim users. You will not receive any more from me except when requested.I hope in the future I can regain your confidence and respect, but I realize that it is up to me to earn it. I Realize it is PEOPLE who MAKE A WEBSITE WHAT IT IS!And I hope you understand where I am coming from.My Sincere Humble Apologies,Carmine------------------------------------------------------------Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.com

Disregard my post above..The guy is a con artist.. a good one. See my other post about changing my mind please.Sorry to all for confusion, I feel silly about this now.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.com

Hi all, (esp. Trev)This discussion has now come to the point that I need to say what I think.First, sure Carmen did the advertising thing wrongly by sending bulk emails to many members of AVSIM community, back in the BBS days even I once advertised my BBS by sending a private message to every user at this BBS I often visited. That was because I was a little "green" back then and didn't know how angry people would become because of it and how seriously they would take it, if ONE mail appeared in their private inbox, a mail they didn't even have to read... Well, I STILL don't understand this "witch hunt" that takes place after these kinds of mistakes, although I understand the rules behind these restrictions entirely. Let's just say that there are a few things that need to be taken into consideration here:1. Carmen made a mistake, WHICH he already has apologized for - check!2. Carmen has NOT shown an attitude of ignorance or arrogance towards AVSIM and the people of it that got bothered to the point they were talking about legal action(!) - check! (If you think that Carmen is an evil internet spam jerk, you really haven't seen one yet!)3. Carmen can NOT be held responsible if someone decides to VOICE HIS/HER opinion in FSFactory forum. A FEW people have said in FSFactory forum that they don't like AVSIM because of the attitude of its "core" members and moderators. Carmen has NOT insulted or bashed AVSIM in any manner over there, and even IF he had, he would have a VERY GOOD reason to do so. (hah, I know some people will now turn red..) The reason is the witch hunt that you all are so keen to take part in. May I also add that AFTER Carmen read Trev's posting about how "horrible" the FSFactory forums are, he acted against his original idea of free speech and made a rule that there shall not be any bashing of other people or sites. I think that it is VERY clear where the poor guy is coming from and what are his true intentions. -check!Now, Trev and all angry campers out there. Think about this for a second. Are you REALLY bothered by:1. The Email2. The language of maybe TWO members at FSFactory forum (which now already has a rule not to bash like they did: I don't like AVSIM blabla)that you NEED to tell everybody here in almost every thread regarding the subject that Carmen is a con-artist and needs to be banned because of the use of VULGAR LANGUAGE IN HIS OWN FORUM, for crying out loud! The guy has NOT taken part in any "bashing" and EVEN IF he had, I repeat, he would have a REASON to it. In my eyes this "hunt" has blown ENTIRELY out of proportion and it is very sad to see so MANY members of AVSIM get so hostile about this. I suggest that everyone who now feels the need to show me the "axe" here takes a look at the mirror and thinks about this for a while, SERIOUSLY.It is beyond my comprehension that grown up people will end up BASHING a fellow simmer who made a simple mistake. If you think about it, aren't there some MORE SERIOUS problems in this world to think about than THIS? !Oh, I'd also like to add, that I've got nothing to do with FSFactory or Carmen. I'm just a bystander reading the forums here and at FSFactory and I felt that someone had to say something in favor of the poor guy.Best regards and PEACE OF MIND,Tero

PPL(A)

Hi,You are entitled to your opinion. As I am mine. I know what is right and what is wrong. Trust me.. the webmaster Carmine is responsible for his staff and if his staff bash AVSIM in his forums at FSFactory, and ..do it using the "F" word (amongst other such vulgar language).. and to members (like me) who joined through AVSIM forum e-mail collections....Then it's wrong in my book. Will the vulgaraties and AVSIM bashing over at FSFactory stop? .. ..Perhaps, but only then when it has stoped, will I be convinced that this Carmine guy is a decent chap like are you saying he is.I will watch and wait!Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.com