Sign in to follow this  
brucek

New ATI Catalyst drivers

I have been using the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro for the better part of a year and have had few problems with it out side that I couldn't run CFS 3. This was corrected with new drivers and a patch for the sim. Ok, that being said I have used the same driver set(Catalyst 3.5) for FS2002 for some time. When I got my hot little hands on Flight Sim (Game?)04, I thought that I might need to update the driver for it. It worked fine. I played this way for about a week then I did the somethign stupid. I tried to fix it when it wasn't broke. I downloaded and installed the a new driver form ATI the Catalyst 3.6 driver from their site. As soon as I started FS04 after the reboot I got a message telling me that the driver that I was using would cause system instability within FS04 and would only let the program run in software mode. After several explisitives were uttered I said,"Ok, let try to roll back the driver." This did not work either. So here I still sit with no way to use the 3D goodness that is the Radeon. So the reason for this lengthy post is to ask if there is anyway to fix this short or reformating my drive and starting over or reinstalling FS which I have already done.

First- I assume you have XP. Try restoring to a restore-point that was created before your driver change. This should put your computer back to it's prior state.Or-try re-installing Direct-X (the appropriate version). But only if the above step doesn't work.Bruce.