Sign in to follow this  
BobP

No instrument power and a mess!

Hi,I just re-installed FSX to my new computer build. (Win7 64bit). I went through the install process on the J41 and keyed in my lic number when asked. I have no instrument power. Engines controls do not move. The engines are running but the 'Stop' buttons do nothing. I have unistalled and re-installed and get the same result. Help!Bob..

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Hi Bob,Full names are required here per the forum rules. Thanks!Could it be a firewall issue? And as silly as it sounds, have you tried cutting and pasting the key as opposed to typing it yourself?

I always suspect FSX SP2 in these cases, an uninstall reboot and install of SP2 can fix some of these issues.

Dan Downs KCRP

I always suspect FSX SP2 in these cases, an uninstall reboot and install of SP2 can fix some of these issues.
Thanks for the replies. 1. I did cut and paste the license key.2. How can I remove just SP2 with Acceleration installed? Thanks.Bob Price

Okay, same thing. Uninstall Acceleration, reboot, install acceleration. All else in your FSX world should be untouched.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay, same thing. Uninstall Acceleration, reboot, install acceleration. All else in your FSX world should be untouched.
Hi Dan,I did un-install Acceleration and then re-installed SP1 and SP2. That didn't make a difference. Would removing and installing Acceleration be any different? Thanks.Bob.. :)

SP2 is included in Acceleration, which includes additional default aircraft and eyecandy. Next thing to try is run the JS41 installer again, with admin rights, and select repair for both the aircraft and the VS C++ redistributals. You will need both 32b and 64b C++ runtime libraries.

Dan Downs KCRP

SP2 is included in Acceleration, which includes additional default aircraft and eyecandy. Next thing to try is run the JS41 installer again, with admin rights, and select repair for both the aircraft and the VS C++ redistributals. You will need both 32b and 64b C++ runtime libraries.
Thanks Dan, however, that did not change the problem I'm having. Plus the installer did not offer a a separate repair of the runtime libraries. They both appear in the control panel. I've submitted a trouble ticket and hopefully the wizards at PMDG will have a suggestion. It will help me to understand if this is license issue and that is best fielded by them. I knew I should have installed XP64bit on my new build instead of Win7. LOL.Bob..

Na! Vista and W7 are no problem. I think you have a problem with the C++ stuff. Paul at tech support should narrow it down for you if you give him a chance.

Dan Downs KCRP