Sign in to follow this  
Guest nhraracer90

help with computer specs

Guest nhraracer90

Hello, I need some help deciding on what to do with my current setup. Here are my specs: AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor. Unlocked 2.50ghz. 4MB Cache. Retail. Socket AM2+MSI K9N SLI-F Motherboard. NVIDIA nForce 570 LT SLI. PCI Express. Gigabit LAN. USB 2.0OCZ SLI- Ready Dual Channel 4096 PC6400 DDR2 800 MHz memory. 2x2048EVGA GTX 280 Video Card500 Watt Power SupplyWhat I was wondering is, can I overclock my current processor/motherboard to 3.5-4.2 ghz? Or would it be better to get an Intel i7 920 with another motherboard and overclock it to 4.2 or so ghz? I do not know very much about computers, so suggestions on what Processor/motherboard specs would be nice lol. How do I overclock my processer anyway? All info would be helpful. Thanks

Guest nhraracer90

Intel i7 920 2.66 ghz 8MB LGA 1366 ProcessorASUS Rampage 2 Extreme LGA 1366 X58 DDR3 Motherboard Corsair Dominator 6GB 3x2 GB PC3-12800 1600mhz 240-pin DDR3 Core i7 Memory kitOr instead of the ASUS Rampage, how would the ASUS P6T work?

Guest chris493

Go with the asus P6TD deluxe. An i7 930 instead of the 920. 750W corsair/OCZ power supply, a good after Market cooler like the Thermaltake X, CM V8 or V10. The ram is fine. A High airflow case, a nvidia GTX 285, GTX 470 or GTX480 graphics card. That should be good.

Guest nhraracer90

OK, with that setup, I should be able to fly over detailed cities and what not and the frame rates wont drop below 10fps lol? Also how do I overclock the processor to 4.2 ghz or so?

Like Chris said, go with the Asus P6TD Deluxe, i7 930, 750W PS or if you want to future proof go with a 850W - get a qood quality I have a Corsair 850TX.Ggo with the Thermalright Venomous X or the Noctura NH-D14 for a HSF combo. If you go with the NH-D14 check to make sure that there will not be any interference in your motherboard and ram combo.For ram I would go with 6GB of CAS 6 1600MHz Mushkin, you will have to OC to get it to run at 1600MHz. For an OS go with 64b Win7 of your choice, just get a 64b version.

Guest nhraracer90

I will be alright to keep my GTX 280 right? As long as I keepmy hard drive, will all of my stuff stay on my computer? ( files, downloads, etc..)

Guest chris493

Yes you can keep you HD, but suggest getting a new 7200RPM 32mb cache HD for clean OS install, and a 10k RPM HD for FSX only.

Guest nhraracer90

Ok..so if I get the Intel i7 930, Asus P6T Deluxe , 6GB 1600mhz DDR3 memory and 750 or 850 power supply, that will make a big difference than what I have now right? I don't want to go spend all this money and only notice an increase of 5 fps or something. I want to be able to fly over heavily populated ORBX scenery and big Aerosoft sceneries..etc without my FPS dropping to 15 fps. Also what is the difference in the P6T Deluxe and the Deluxe V2? The V2 would work as well right?