Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Easter Eggs in FS2004

I think it would be cool to make a list of various Easter Eggs (interesting or unusual surprises)included in the default version of FS2004. I don't know if this has already been posted, but there are some dynamic objects in the default FS2004 Niagara Falls area! At the base of the falls, the tour boat Maid of the Mist motors around and even heaves from side to side as it is crashed by waves from the falls! And in the nearby observation tower, animated elevators move up and down. Considering that Niagara Falls has been the standard spot for demonstrating the SDKs, does anyone else smell a dynamic scenery SDK coming up? I'm sure that tons of people already know about this one, but if you haven't flown around the space shuttle pads at Cape Canaveral, Florida, I highly recommend it. They are very detailed and look much better than the ones in FS2002 (thats an understatement, see pictures). There is also a space shuttle parked at Edwards AFB in California, the landing spot for the shuttle. Princess Juliana Intl in the Netherlands Antilles is a very well done default airport. Many custom objects are included around the airport as well, and I believe the entire island has photo-real terrain and detailed elevation mesh. Notice that there are even cars in the airport parking lot, crates in the cargo area, and flags out in front! I know that there must be many more easter eggs included with FS2004, and I encourage everybody to add on to this topic and post the easter eggs that you've found, so everyone can check them out.Good Flying!-Scott Armstrong

Guest CargoMun

I remember somebody mentioning some sort of carnival near Coney Island in New York (I think) with a moving ferriswheel and rollarcoaster. Never was able to find it though.Not sure if any of these would exactly qualify as an easter egg but certainly scenery curiosities :)

Coney Island has been around in FS since FS5... There was a time Microsoft sold addon scenery packages for places like New York, Paris, Hawaii, etc... These same scenery packages are the bases for the current areas we have today (FS just builds on itself)... If you fly south from KJFK along the coast you can't miss it...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2