Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

Radeon Horizon/Haze temporary fix...

For simmers using the Radeon 9000, 9100 & 9200 cards, here is a simple fix, until ATI releases new drivers, to give you a believeable horizon with haze. This only works in the User Defined selection for setting weather parameters. In the visibility box, set your "Tops" altitude setting to 50,000' and your "Base" altitude at 35,000. The key setting is the Base altitude. I choose 35,000' as I seldom go above that. If you exceed the Base setting, the sharp division between land and air returns, with no haze. There is one weather theme that will also give you some haze at the horizon, but only one. That being the Fair Weather theme. Try this. See if it works for you. It does for me.My card is a 9000 PRO 64MB.CheersChris

hi, Heres and even better simpler fix , turning on Anisotropic filtering fixes it for me. I have a radeon 9000 pro and the omega 3.6 drivers.AndrewPS. fixing the haze problem by turning on anisotropic filtering to the lowest setting doesent hurt fps at all. It fixes the problem without having to do all that. (well for me atleast)