Sign in to follow this  

Wilco's new Airport 2002 Scenery...

I was wondering how does everyone feel about Wilco's new proposed release. For me the stupidest thing they are doing is releaseing a product with airports that have already been done by other developers and/or Microsoft. How many versions of KLAX or KATL do we need . These airports have already been done in great detail. Wilco's older sceneries featured airports like KBOS (for those who don't know Boston, MA.), KDEN or even KMIA. I can't understand for the life of me why they didn't try and release a product full of airports that have not been done already for FS2002 especially when they have a good foundation to draw from. I guess I'm venting because I knew they would be back in the game somehow with their airport scenery (I was looking forward to a new KDEN, KMIA or even KSFO) but I had no idea they would re-release airports their competion has already done. I guess their marketing departent is either brain dead or doesn't care about sales. The only way I could see this being a success is that their frame rates would have to rival FS's default scenery which I don't see happening. I just wanted everyone's opinion on this one.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest C17SimGuy

Did you read somewhere what airports will be included? I'd like to know. . .

yes i knowhere they are...(AIRPORTS) (EUROPE)Paris CDG London Heathrow Munich (USA)ChicagoLos AngelesDallas - Forth Worth Atlanta and also check this out you'l find more info..http://www.wilcopub.com/a2002v1.htm

>I was wondering how does everyone feel about Wilco's new >proposed release. For me the stupidest thing they are doing >is releaseing a product with airports that have already been >done by other developers and/or Microsoft. How many versions >of KLAX or KATL do we need . These airports have already >been done in great detail. Wilco's older sceneries featured >airports like KBOS (for those who don't know Boston, MA.), >KDEN or even KMIA. I can't understand for the life of me why >they didn't try and release a product full of airports that >have not been done already for FS2002 especially when they >have a good foundation to draw from. I guess I'm venting >because I knew they would be back in the game somehow with >their airport scenery (I was looking forward to a new KDEN, >KMIA or even KSFO) but I had no idea they would re-release >airports their competion has already done. I guess their >marketing departent is either brain dead or doesn't care >about sales. The only way I could see this being a success >is that their frame rates would have to rival FS's default >scenery which I don't see happening. I just wanted >everyone's opinion on this one. >You are absolutely right.KLAX, KATL and KDFW from SimflyersEGLL from Gary SummonsEDDM from German Airports,that means only two "new" airports (Chicago and Paris). And again a 737 panel (OK, next generation but it's a 737). There are so many nice aircraft flying around, why not a different type?This package maybe of interest for some new flightsimmers outthere (nice panel/scenery combination for beginners), but for the others who already have these airports/aircraft........Why not some South East Asia or Australien airports, like Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangkok or Melbourne?I am sure I will not buy these package as it offers nothing new (even if the quality is great).

i agree with you 100%cause there is a scenery paris cdg out for fs2002 so probaly it's that one

Guys, the FSNAT technology will make these airports much better than any other rendition of them. At least that's what it seems like according to their website. So why not do them and improve them, even if they've already been done by others ?__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc