Sign in to follow this  
M_Chahine

PMDG MD-11 Load Manager and aircraft.cfg

Hi all !SOFTWARES on windows 7 64 bit.:1. PMDG MD-11F for FS9 2. TOPCAT 2.65 3. FsCaptain latest versionSITUATION1_ When I fully load my MD-11F using "Full Cargo" in the PMDG load manager with minimum fuel = 7000 KGS, I NOTICED that after saving the settings, the MD-11F aircraft.cfg has been modified !2_ Inside the cockpit I load the aircraft of fuel via Shortcut FMS menu, I go to the INIT page 2 (Weight INIT) I insert the FOB and I automatically pull the ZFW and the ZFWCG using the right click on FMS respective button. I noticed that the parameters I pulled out in auto are exactly the same that the load manager showed when I fully loaded the aircraft.3_ I now use FsCaptain to load cargo that has an amount less than the full cargo that I used in load manager, it loads it, I go check in the FS9 "Aircraft", "Fuel and Payload", and I notice that the Payload now is exactly what FsCaptain declaredin its loading sheet.4_ I repeat step 2 and I still have the same parameters of ZFW and ZFWCG as if the aircraft is fully loaded.5- Now I do the loading using TOPCAT software, send the load via save to aircraft.cfg not via FSUIPC, I load the aircraft again.6_ I repeat step 2 and now I have the same value of ZFW and ZFWCG that TOPCAT has calculated.QUESTIONWhen I save the payload settings in PMDG's load manager and save them, DO THE FLIGHT PARAMETERS AND THE PERFOMANCE of the MD-11 in flight change or its only a matter of fuel prediction and flight planning calculation that the FMS does ????In normal procedures, for each flight I do : Should I get the payload amount , load it via PMDG load manager or TOPCAT, than load the aircraft on parking and start refueling etc... ??Many thanks and kind regards

Any one ? 34 views no one replied ! Please help I'm trying to figure out something...

Hi,Please use your full name with this forum.See forum rules.This could be the reason for no replies!Norman Bowman

Hi,Please use your full name with this forum.See forum rules.This could be the reason for no replies!Norman Bowman
I'm Mario Chahine :) nice to meet you all !

FS9 is very limited in how it configures the aircraft load and fuel unlike FSX that can do it on the fly. The load manager makes changes to the aircraft.cfg file to set loads and fuel. This file is only read once with FS9 loads the aircraft, and if it is loading a saved flight is will not pickup the fuel load in the aircraft.cfg file. Therefore, your method depends on if you are creating a flight or loading a saved flight. In either case, the payloads should be set before you load the aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

FS9 is very limited in how it configures the aircraft load and fuel unlike FSX that can do it on the fly. The load manager makes changes to the aircraft.cfg file to set loads and fuel. This file is only read once with FS9 loads the aircraft, and if it is loading a saved flight is will not pickup the fuel load in the aircraft.cfg file. Therefore, your method depends on if you are creating a flight or loading a saved flight. In either case, the payloads should be set before you load the aircraft.
Hey Mate ! thanks for the reply...I think you didn't understand my question... :) basically I'm asking if the aircraft performance changes when the aircraft.cfg changes after altering it using TOPCAT or PMDG load manager. I hope Im explaining myself better !thanks in advance

I may still be missing what you are asking. The aircraft performance depends on weight and moment (cg) which is varied by the load master. As far as changing the flight dynamics such as thrust, L/D ratios, etc., no change.

Dan Downs KCRP

I may still be missing what you are asking. The aircraft performance depends on weight and moment (cg) which is varied by the load master. As far as changing the flight dynamics such as thrust, L/D ratios, etc., no change.
ok Sir ! Understood, so the load change changes also the performance of course related to CG etc.. not aerodinamics ! thanks for the reply !Happy landings