Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy49

Do you know

Hi; Can any one suggest what could be the problem here. Only UT Can/AK, GE Pro and DiFranco CYYZ Installed in this area. Please see attached screen. Thanks for any input

Hi; Can any one suggest what could be the problem here. Only UT Can/AK, GE Pro and DiFranco CYYZ Installed in this area. Please see attached screen. Thanks for any input
What does the grey block look like up close? My thoughts are either it is a bit of photoscenery (an airport?) where the base texture is missing or a rogue afcad file from somewhere with a large block of apron material...I'd start by testing which scenery layer is responsible and then you'll have a better idea of what you're trying to fix. Look in the scenery library and systematically disable likely sceneries (start with things in the area and new additions), checking to see what it looks like in FS each time. If, like me, you have long FS load times due to lots of installed aircraft, the trick I use is to have a folder called aircraft-x in which I just have copies of the default aircraft and use a batch file to rename the folders 'aircraft' to 'aircraft-y' and 'aircraft-x' to 'aircraft' (and another to go back again) so that I can have fast loading times for scenery / error testing.Hope you get it sorted.Geoff

Hi Geoff; Thanks for the info, I tried some of your suggestions and then stumbled across some Ontario landclass from Flight Ontario. Installed it and presto no more square. Probably not the optimum solution but it works. Thanks again. David

What does the grey block look like up close? My thoughts are either it is a bit of photoscenery (an airport?) where the base texture is missing or a rogue afcad file from somewhere with a large block of apron material...I'd start by testing which scenery layer is responsible and then you'll have a better idea of what you're trying to fix. Look in the scenery library and systematically disable likely sceneries (start with things in the area and new additions), checking to see what it looks like in FS each time. If, like me, you have long FS load times due to lots of installed aircraft, the trick I use is to have a folder called aircraft-x in which I just have copies of the default aircraft and use a batch file to rename the folders 'aircraft' to 'aircraft-y' and 'aircraft-x' to 'aircraft' (and another to go back again) so that I can have fast loading times for scenery / error testing.Hope you get it sorted.Geoff