Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

pmdg 747-400X key assignments

HiI'm wondering if anyone can help. I have a new PC running 747-400x and can't seem to assign any keys to open the doors. I can go through the motions of assigning the keys, but they aren't being saved when i exit out of pmdg aircraft. Also after assigning the keys, the animations for the doors don't work. Am i doing something wrong or is this a problem!

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Please sign your full name and try not to double post. Sounds like a security rights problem, what is your OS?

Dan Downs KCRP

Make sure that 'Advanced animations' is on.Go to Settings-Display-general- and check the box that says 'Advanced animations', i thinks its in the area where it says 'lens glare' and 'DirectX10 preview'.I cant explain the problem of not being able to assign the keys for the doors though.Best of luck Carl

Please sign your full name and try not to double post. Sounds like a security rights problem, what is your OS?
Thanks DanSorry about not signing my name, thanks for the reply.my operating system is windows 7. Cheers David Phillips.
Make sure that 'Advanced animations' is on.Go to Settings-Display-general- and check the box that says 'Advanced animations', i thinks its in the area where it says 'lens glare' and 'DirectX10 preview'.I cant explain the problem of not being able to assign the keys for the doors though.Best of luck Carl
Thanks Carl,I'll check that out next time i'm flying.cheers David Phillips

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

The nanny security features in Vista/W7 need to be circumvented to allow the pmdg options menu to modify a config file where your keycommand assignments are stored. I have turned off UAC and assigned admin level security rights to everything in the MSFS directories. There are less drastic ways to do this as well.

Dan Downs KCRP