Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

Questions to FS-Meteo 6.x users...

Guest in_04

Hi FS-Meteo 6.x user,I saw on screenshoots of the 6.x version that you can set a number for the dynamic FS2004 weather.My questions is, if youre online and flying with dynamic weather set to extreme, is there any change of the local clouds around the plane? I mean if the internet update is coming is there a smooth transition between the previous weather and the new one or is the change hard?Also I like to know if there is a stutter if the update occure?Next question is if I download weather and go offline will the weather be set for the hole world or is the update done along the flightpath?Hope that someone could answer my questions, or show me a review of the new version 6.x.ByeMarkus

Guest SoarPics

Hi Markus,"My questions is, if youre online and flying with dynamic weather set to extreme, is there any change of the local clouds around the plane? I mean if the internet update is coming is there a smooth transition between the previous weather and the new one or is the change hard?"The clouds transitions are gradual at a distance of 10 miles+. I have had a few closer to my aircraft "pop up", but for the most part this usually happens just as I've started the flight. Once established in flight the transitions are nice... much better than FS2K2. I do get some "instant" met changes, but they always occur just before another station reports. I've taken this to be the nature of such things in flying with real time weather... it's difficult to make it truely "real time"."Also I like to know if there is a stutter if the update occure?"I get no stutters on my machine when an update occurs."Next question is if I download weather and go offline will the weather be set for the hole world or is the update done along the flightpath?"Can't help you with this one... I don't DL and then fly offline.Regards,

>Hi FS-Meteo 6.x user,>I saw on screenshoots of the 6.x version that you can set a>number for the dynamic FS2004 weather.>My questions is, if youre online and flying with dynamic>weather set to extreme, is there any change of the local>clouds around the plane? I mean if the internet update is>coming is there a smooth transition between the previous>weather and the new one or is the change hard?When a new station reports in and it is reporting significant different wheather conditions, then the change is rather direct in my opinion.>Also I like to know if there is a stutter if the update>occure?No stutters observed (AMD XP2600+@333, Radeon 9500Pro).>Next question is if I download weather and go offline will the>weather be set for the hole world or is the update done along>the flightpath?Well, don't know about offline mode. I have cable so am using online all the time. I do know that FSMeteo6 updates the weather within a (user defined) radius around your current position. It checks if METARs are available for airports around you. If yes, the weather is set accordingly at their location. Very nice! I can only assume this is also done in offline mode, as FSMeteo downloads ALL available METARs/TAFs/winds when using 'get world weather and stay offline' (or something like that)>>Hope that someone could answer my questions, or show me a>review of the new version 6.x.>>Bye>>Markus

"Next question is if I download weather and go offline will the weather be set for the hole world or is the update done along the flightpath?"Well, as I've only got a K56 dial-up modem, I always download a weather profile and fly off-line with FSMeteo.Irrespective of where I am (sim-wise) FSMeteo provides weather, so I guess the answer is that you get a profile for the specific hour you've downloaded for the whole world. I don't bother to check the real-world weather for the locations, so I trust that it is "authentic". I now have several hundred "weather profiles" over the last couple of years.Alastair

Guest in_04

Hi Alastair,first thanks for youre and the input from the other two.Maybe I could ask you, and all other reading this, another question or two.Do you use FS2004 or FS2002?If FS2004 do you use dynamic weather?Could you start FS2004 with FS-MEteo 6.x offline weather start a flight and then go in the "Weather" menu of FS2004 and go to customize weather and look if a weather station on a continent far away from you have data set (like cloud, winds or something). I mean say you fly in US go to a weather station in Astralia and look if they have weather set.Thanks in advanceMarkus

>Hi Alastair,>first thanks for youre and the input from the other two.>Maybe I could ask you, and all other reading this, another>question or two.>Do you use FS2004 or FS2002?FS2004 with registered FSUIPC v3.03>If FS2004 do you use dynamic weather?Yes, set to medium I believe>Could you start FS2004 with FS-MEteo 6.x offline weather start>a flight and then go in the "Weather" menu of FS2004 and go to>customize weather and look if a weather station on a continent>far away from you have data set (like cloud, winds or>something). I mean say you fly in US go to a weather station>in Astralia and look if they have weather set.Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean checking in FSMeteo if the Australian station has a report? Or do you mean moving your plane over to the Australian station and see if weather changes? When downloading weather for offline use, FSMeteo downloads global weather.>>Thanks in advance>>Markus

Guest in_04

>>Hi Alastair,>>first thanks for youre and the input from the other two.>>Maybe I could ask you, and all other reading this, another>>question or two.>>Do you use FS2004 or FS2002?>FS2004 with registered FSUIPC v3.03>>If FS2004 do you use dynamic weather?>Yes, set to medium I believe>>Could you start FS2004 with FS-MEteo 6.x offline weather>start>>a flight and then go in the "Weather" menu of FS2004 and go>to>>customize weather and look if a weather station on a>continent>>far away from you have data set (like cloud, winds or>>something). I mean say you fly in US go to a weather station>>in Astralia and look if they have weather set.>Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean checking in>FSMeteo if the Australian station has a report? Or do you mean>moving your plane over to the Australian station and see if>weather changes? When downloading weather for offline use,>FSMeteo downloads global weather.Thanks for youre quick answer.I mean go in FS2004 in the "Weather" menu, not in FS-Meteo and do the check.Thanks againMarkus