Sign in to follow this  
Guest yankeesji

Engine Pull Start Knobs Won't Pull?

Apparently only when it has autostart enable then u have to put them on before, if its not on autostart, you can pull the starters and then a magenta line will appear on the N2 bar where you have to switch on the fuel switches
You can also pull the starter, then place the Fuel Control from "Cutoff" to "Run" That will then illuminate the starter. I know Virgin Atlantic pull the starter, then add the fuel in Auto Start. Below is from the SOP's of QFAutostart allows the EEC to control fuel and ignition and automatically abort thestart for certain malfunctions. Pushing the Autostart switch ON arms autostart.Pulling the Start switch out (held out by a solenoid) arms the start valve and opensthe engine bleed air valve. Moving the Fuel Control switch to RUN initiates theautostart sequence

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

You can also pull the starter, then place the Fuel Control from "Cutoff" to "Run" That will then illuminate the starter. I know Virgin Atlantic pull the starter, then add the fuel in Auto Start. Below is from the SOP's of QFAutostart allows the EEC to control fuel and ignition and automatically abort thestart for certain malfunctions. Pushing the Autostart switch ON arms autostart.Pulling the Start switch out (held out by a solenoid) arms the start valve and opensthe engine bleed air valve. Moving the Fuel Control switch to RUN initiates theautostart sequence
Many thanks guys.I am still little confused about the differnces,why the 747 auto start makes the differnce,not sure if the auto start in say 767 plays simliar role.Qas

Guest bratonabike
Haha and theres the prcedure in-between the two :(