Sign in to follow this  
Major_Bloodnok

Vista Crash and FS9 file in C drive

Good morning from sunny Portugal, long time lurker and very infrequent poster here.Had a major hard drive crash over the weekend, thankfully FS9 on separate drive.After recovery, I remembered that there should be a FS9 file on the c drive, something like \Flight Simulator Files.....My question is, will this file be automatically re-created when FS9 is started or would it require copying from one of the FS9 Cds, (anyone know perchance which one??)many thanx in advance for any replies/help.Best regardsTim

The FS9.cfg file should be created automatically when you run FS9. Peter

Peter Schluter

The FS9.cfg file should be created automatically when you run FS9. Peter
OK Thanx Peter Ill give it a try tonight and let you know how I get on, thanx for the replyRegardsTim

OK Thanx Peter Ill give it a try tonight and let you know how I get on, thanx for the replyRegardsTim
Hi Peter, I seem to have a further problem.....it seems that I am unable to start FS9 at all, I receive a message saying "Flight Simulator Registry has not been found on your system" does this mean the dreaded re-install....???kind regrdsTim

Guest belga1

Hello,Please use this tool and your problem will be over wink.gifFlightsim.com

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc.FS2004 TweakFS Path Utility[ Download | View ]Name: fs9pathu.zip Size: 593,179 Date: 08-10-2005 Downloads: 1,698FS2004 TweakFS Path Utility, v1.1. Features Repairs the FS2004 path in the Windows Registry; Checks the registry path for the FS9.exe file; Warns if the registry path is missing; Sets the registry path for the FS9.exe file; Warns if the FS9.exe is not in folder on clicking the "Set" button; Avoids the need to reinstall FS2004 in the event of registry corruption; Searches for the FS9 Reg key in the Windows RegEdit program.
Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,Please use this tool and your problem will be over wink.gifFlightsim.comRegards.bye.gifGus.
Sir,I will give this a try tonight, and, if sucessful, I will owe you a very large beer!!!!Many thanx for the replyTim