Sign in to follow this  
Fabri91

Your opinion on this FSX system

Morning everybody!I'd like to hear an opinion on this system I'm going to get as soon as high school exams are over:Intel Core i5 661 @ 3,3GHzASUS P7P55D EVO2*2GB DDR3 1600 by g.skill with CL6 latencyATi 5770 1GBOverclocking is planned: already yielded great results on my system and the processor that I've chosen should be quite overclock-happy.I'm on a bit of a budget (It's already at about 650

Fabrizio Sassi

Looks like a decent system, though if you can swing a quad core CPU instead it is recommended.

Thank you very much!Will see if it is possible, but any of the new 32nm quads blows my budget I think.

Fabrizio Sassi

Guest SF22

Not maybe the right person to give advice, but I think you could get the I5 750 for about the same price as the I5 661. If you can afford you could go even with an I7 860 or the 875 (for overclocking purposes)! I'm a bit surprised by the motherboard, seems to be quite expensive and personally I don't think it would be the best choice because of the price, but it's just my opinion. No comments on the GPU. I'm sure some of the more experienced hardware enthusiast can give some even better advice!RegardsMagnus

After reading the MB specs I opted for that version since it has a quick CMOS reset switch which could come in handy for overclocking. Will check regarding the 750. GPU should be enough since my screen resolution isn't quite large, or at least this is what has been told to me :)Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

Fabrizio Sassi