Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

FS2004 and AWFUL Sunset Water Reflections

Am I seeing things but Fs2004 is MUCH WORSE in realism with regards to low sun reflections off of water. It's almost solid white, blinding reflections that do NOT look real. FS2002 was MUCH better here. Or am I messed up somehere? Is this a provlme? Is there a fix?

The reflections are a bit over the top.... Since someone showed that FS2002 can display the same reflections using FS2004's water textures, I wonder whether a little alpha channel editing might improve things a bit. Something a bit better than FS2002, but not quite as bright as FS2002. Perhaps I'll play around with the water textures a bit to see what results I can come up with..In the least, I suspect FS2002's water textures can be applied to FS2004 and you'll get FS2002's reflections..-John

I wholeheartedly agree. Sometimes FS2004 looks amazing good, and other times just plain cartoonish. Right now, I would give FS2002 the hands down more realistic appearance over FS2004 in most areas, 3D clouds the exception. Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Same here. How come most posts by people saying they have a big grudge against FS2004 (which turns out to be a cosmetic issue usually) post it as their very first post, and rarely even ask for someone to help them resolve the issue?

Guest SlimDady

i feel the same way.. in some cases its way to cartoony. The clouds with out a doubt are the best looking update.Water, somee of the sky colors, and lens flare are a few of the effects that sometiems go over the top