Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Out of virtual memory!?!!?

Second time it's happened. Flying along all fat, dumb and happy and wham, get the radio button that winxp has run out of virtual memory. What's going on with this crazy sim?I've got plenty of hardrive space (that's what it originally says) and pretty decent specs:AMD 2700XP512MB 3200 RAMWinXP ProATI 9800 Pro 128MB (running in window mode)60 GB hard drive (27GB remaining)FS2004 running on it's own drivevirtual memory handled by system, with 2.92 GB on a swap file, 1.93 free.Most of my sliders are in the middle range, fps locked at 15, running 1024x768, I shouldn't be taxing my system much at all, not with the settings I'm running in FS2004. I don't want to have to shelf this 'game' I really want it to work.Any ideas? I'm planning on adding another 512MB of RAM, but I can't believe I need 1024 MB of RAM to run this thing, especially with the way I've got the sliders set.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check you virtual memory setting and see if it is set for Windows managed. That is the prefered setting. If it is not, either change it to this or increase the size of the file. Here is where to find the setting :StartControl PanelSystemClick Advanced tabClick Settings under PerformanceClick Advanced tabAt the bottom of the page is the virtual memory setting.Hope it helps.

When this happens, run Task Manager (right click on the task bar and select Task Manager). Go to the processes tab and and check which processes are using virtual memory. If you can't see virtual memory, click on View in the main menu, select "Select columns" and check "Virtual Memory Size". To order the colums by VM size, click on the button above the column.George