Sign in to follow this  
Guest glester

MAAM DC3/R4D Issues

Guest glester

I recently had to reload FSX on my PC. I am running Service Pack 1 with no acceleration, because I have a lot of FS9 planes that won't run with acceleration or service pack 2 installed. I'm having a problem with the MAAM DC3 that did not occur before my FSX installation went south. The plane loads normally and the gauges are all there. Problem is that when I begin the engine start sequence and attempt to pull up the overhead electrical panel or the pedestal panel pop up, it causes FSX to crash and restart. I downloaded the FSX patch for the DC3 which did not help. Any ideas? Appreciate any help. Thanks!

I recently had to reload FSX on my PC. I am running Service Pack 1 with no acceleration, because I have a lot of FS9 planes that won't run with acceleration or service pack 2 installed. I'm having a problem with the MAAM DC3 that did not occur before my FSX installation went south. The plane loads normally and the gauges are all there. Problem is that when I begin the engine start sequence and attempt to pull up the overhead electrical panel or the pedestal panel pop up, it causes FSX to crash and restart. I downloaded the FSX patch for the DC3 which did not help. Any ideas? Appreciate any help. Thanks!
Just a stab in the dark here...are you running Vista or Windows 7?Relatively recently windows did something to the file uiautomationcore.dll that made FSX crash on my system when I changed views. I solved the problem by downloading an older version of that DLL and placing in my FSX directory.The only thing I can think of...good luck.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Guest glester
Just a stab in the dark here...are you running Vista or Windows 7?Relatively recently windows did something to the file uiautomationcore.dll that made FSX crash on my system when I changed views. I solved the problem by downloading an older version of that DLL and placing in my FSX directory.The only thing I can think of...good luck.
Hi Matt,Thanks for the tip, and I apologize for the delay in responding. I will try this and see if it solves my problem.Regards,GeorgeBTW, I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

Guest michaelleob

Please, help me to solve the problem: My computer with program vista, does not exept gauge MAAM_R4D.Gau The panel is blind - no gauges at all. With respect, Mike B.