Sign in to follow this  
boyho1

Defrag after install

Hi Guys (& Gals)I have fortunately not had anything like the problems that a lot of posters here seem to be experiencing. I did have a few in the first 30 mins but after I changed drivers a couple of times I seemed at least to be able to get a flight under my belt. I have fs9 installed on it's own partition and I thought that I would take a look it this drive to see if it was fragmentated........boy oh boy.... was it fragmentated!Did a defrag and since then the sim has worked like a dream and I have the fps locked at 25 with most sliders cranked well up to the right. Clouds are the biggest frame eaters but Chris Will's recent offering has improved this aspect.I use Executive Software Diskeeper rather than the inbuilt offering as I love it's features. The ability to defrag all or any of your drives as soon as your screen saver kicks in is great as you are obviously not around at the time. Available www.diskeeper.com My system:- XP Home, P4 2.66, 512 Mb ram, GF Ti4200 128Mb(o/clocked), CH yoke and pedals (both USB).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!