Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Digital Aviation Do-27

I can not get the Comm & Nav radios to light off in this aircraft. Looking at the electrical panel, I may have a blown fuse. I'm running Windows 7 Pro64 and the configuration program has never completely worked under my OS so I'm hoping thank the solution does not involve that portion of the software. All on aircraft functions were working until about a week ago. I have removed and re-install the software package twice, but the problem remains. I have contacted there technical support team, but Digital Aviation was sold to Aerosoft and by the reply that I received from their team I am not certain of their detailed working knowledge of the software package.Thanks in advanceTom

A little more information about my problem. The circuit breaker panel, which controls all of the aircrafts electronics, is based on switches and fuses. The Comm/NAV Radio Switch keeps tripping. When I reset the switch the fuse trips. With this switch inop both the Communication and Navaigation Radios are worthless.Tom

hello, currently I have no DO-27 installed, but I guess that these failure occur when you start the engine and avionics is not switched off, then the radio become broken (virtual), and must be repareid through ''Maintenance mode'' in DO-27 cockpit ''Kneeboard'' (SHIFT+6), simply open the mentioned Kneeboard and at page ''Maintenance mode'' proceed the maintenance procedure and radio will be ok again (maybe),also when you want complete uninstall of DO-27, you need also manually delete remaining Digital Aviation data in C:/documents and settings/user/application data (on XP)

I got it working this morning. After it had quit work properly, I went back to the Aerosoft Web Site and downloaded their current version. After installation of the new package the problem remained. Their current version is V1.20. This morning I went back to the web site and further down the site is a patched labeled V1.20. You would think that their most current on line version would include the patch, but it didn't. Once I installed the patch the radios once again worked.Thanks for your helpTom

It's back! I reloaded the sim and attempted another flight and again the radios are in a failed state. Reloaded the patch and the radios remained in their failed state. I attempted to perform the maintenance function, per the manual, but nothing happened. Since the D0-27 configure program does not run under my Windows 7 64 Bit OS, I expect that the maintenace program will also not function properly.Tom

the configure program is not working? do you mean configure tool ''outside sim'' or ''in-game'' configuration panel (SHIFT+8)?there is still available updated configuration tool here: http://www.digital-aviation.de/forum/viewt...f=40&t=3627anyway I had these same problem with radio under Windows XP, so I can suggest only this: start FS with DO-27 and open Configuration panel (SHIFT+8), there select under ''Operation mode'' option Simple and under ''Loading status'' option Cold and Dark, then reload DO-27 from FS main menu and open Kneeboard (SHIFT+6), on the Maintenance page perform the repair operation, wait few minutes, the repair is not finished immediately, then on Kneeboard (SHIFT+6) select ''Automatic preparation'' page (check manual where this page is) and there select ''Make her ready to fly'', after this sequence the radio should be working again

Still no joy.Performed the steps that you recommended. I have the same problem with the undated configuration file. Under the configuration file I can see all options to the left, but the right half of the program is blank. If I remember correctly the right half had some aircraft unique options that could se set. The error message that I received said that I had the occurance of an unhandled exception. As the adminstator I selected the config execuable file and gave it full permissions and reran the program. Again I had the unhandled exception error.When I ran the maintenace program, after a short delay it came back and stated the need for an oil change, window washing, etc but no fuse or switch replacement. After performing all of your recommended tasks I left the sim, reloaded the sim and the aircraft, and still had a failed radio.Thank you for recommendationsTom

It's back! I reloaded the sim and attempted another flight and again the radios are in a failed state. Reloaded the patch and the radios remained in their failed state. I attempted to perform the maintenance function, per the manual, but nothing happened. Since the D0-27 configure program does not run under my Windows 7 64 Bit OS, I expect that the maintenace program will also not function properly.Tom
Tom, I've had issues with other configurator programs not running correctly and all I did was right click on the program icon, properties, compatability mode, and selected WinXP service pack 2 and also run as administrator and they run great now. I have Win7 32bit OS, but I assume it is the same other than that? I hope this helps. EX: My configurator for my Flight1 ATR500 would not run until I did this.Warm regards, Jeff

Skotinek,Before dinner tonight I reran your instructions. This time the Maintenace log gave me a checkbox without any text. I checked the box and let the program complete it scheduled maintenace and ... it worked. I started one short flight, stopped the flight and reloaded the sim. On both flights the radios continued to function as there had in the past.Thank you for your help.Jeff I'll give it a try this evening, but I have found many FS9 programs behave quite differently in a 64 bit environment. Such as none of my Dreamfleet GA Navigation Radio work in the W7 64 bit OS environment and RC4 need to be configured a little differently. Basically the the Dreamfleet issues caused a piece of software that was developed for FS 2002 and its developer has left the FS community..I try your idea this evening - No matter how it goes, thank you very much for taking the time to post a solution.Tom

Jeff,No luck. I had already given full permissions to the file and attempted to run it as being compatible to XP and the Vista, but still no go. As long as I can reset the aircraft through its maintenace function the model shoulf ne perfectly flyable. So I'll live with it as it is. The 64 bit OS is still a fairly new environment and the Digital Aviation was constructed in either late 2006 or early 2007. Not certain if it is a high priority of many of the FS9 model providers to update their software to 64 bit environment.Thanks againTom