Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speedbird1

The joys of bad weather

Guest Speedbird1

Its pretty difficult finding really bad weather in Europe at the moment, but I managed to find some in Sweden.The joy of seeing your 737 in some taxing weather is beautiful to the eye but not to the CPU.. LOL50% 3d cloud percentage and MEDIUM coverage...This is based on an XP2800 and GeforceFX5900Clean system with just FS and XP on it.Roll on the winter eh !!!!!!

Guest Fortress

Indeed! I'm getting a little bored of this unconventional UK weather we're having. I start FSMeteo and apart from the pressure & temp increasing not much else changes!! Just a little rain would be nice (save me having to spend an hour watering the gardens if nothing else :7)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Hi Stephen,If you haven't already done so, I would HIGHLY - HIGHLY suggest you download the cloud fix recently released by Chris Willis. I found myself in some cloudy weather around Washington, DC and my frame rates barely moved below 18. Since I installed these temporary clouds flight sim is stable and smooth.Good luck!!MikePS - you want some low visibility flights, try Calgary!http://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

Guest Speedbird1

Hi Mike,I downloaded Chris's cloud files this afternoon, they do stabilise the FPS but I just switched back for one flight as I am in heavy testing mode at the moment.The only problem I seem to get is anything over 6 ocktas and CBs, they really degrade the system.I was wondering if anyone is finding that Pentium chips are running FS any better than Athlon XP chips ??