Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

Add-On AI Aircraft

Hello. I'm looking for opinions here regarding added AI aircraft.Which models are considered better for frame rates? Project AI's or the ones from Aardvark?Thanks!

They're about the same. Aardvark will argue his are more friendly, PAI is just as friendly. If you have a lot of AI in view it will drag your frames down, no matter what. I think Aardvark ones look a bit better, but PAI has more variety, either way, you can't go wrong!Just but Ultimate Traffic, it'll solve that!LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I suppose with the limited in parking in FS2004 it's not really worth adding any traffic yet anyway.PAI had told me that all of their aircraft work perfectly fine in FS2004 as is. Anyone have experience with that?

That's kinda the way I view it also, why spend the time trying to get UT or other AI installed when you only have a select amount of parking. I had a bunch of real world liveries for the defaults and also changed out a few MDLs to add a couple of airbuses to the mix to give me a somewhat realistic view when I hit an airport, but I think I will wait till the new AFCAD comes out before really thinking of any more changes to the AI, got all kinds of flying to do anyway! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest CargoMun

You should definately go for FSP (FS Painter) aircraft and Aardvark's 737/757 series if you want to keep a low framerate and still have planes that look great inspite of it.For now most Aardvark boeing 737 series doesnt fly very well in FS2004 if at all but they are working on updated FDE's. Already the 737-300 has been updated :)

Guest GamePlayer

I like Aardvard's 727 better than PAI's 727 because it's more realistic looking and I don't notice any frame rate hit using Aardvark's 727. In fact I think that Aardvark's planes have the advantage in appearance over PAI. I noticed that there are many "go arounds" when using realistic AI schedules and sometimes planes are just too close to each other during final. Now I keep AI traffic off during flight because of weird problems with how the AI traffic is controlled. Does Ultimate Traffic have realistic control over AI aircraft or will I still get the same problem if I used Ultimate Traffic?

Using the new TTools, I created a Traffic.bgl for the Ultimate traffic Ai aircraft, and another Traffic.bgl for all the Ai I had added from Project Ai. I now have all three Traffic.bgl files installed and I have plenty of Ai traffic all over the world, even though I have my traffic slider se to 55%.