Sign in to follow this  
Senecaflyer

FS9 Saratoga poor performance

Flying the Carenado Saratoga for FS2004, I tried to make a takeoff from a short gravel runway with the aircraft in the max takeoff wheight. The runway was about 3280 ft long and the airfield was about 1000 ft above sea level.With the elevator trim set for takeoff and flaps in the first setting, I've applied power to the engine. The aircraft started to run on the runway, jumping a little because of the hard surface. The acceleration was poor and I reached the end of the runway with about 75 knots and still on the ground, a WEIRD performance from the plane. Result: in a poor rotation, the aircraft stalled and couldn't fly. I've tried the same conditions with the cessna 206 and it flew off normally, even fully loaded as the Saratoga.In MTOW, the plane is able to lift off only when the airspeed passes 80 kias. With the superslow acceleration, it requires very long runways for a GA aircraft.- My throttle is calibratted.- I'm setting the mixture correctly.- Before takeoff, I apllied full power with the aircraft in parking brakes.Can someone help me to figure out if this is normal? In the real life, the Saratogas (named "sertanejo" in the brazilian versions by Embraer) used to take off from very short runways at the MTOW. Real pilots said it to me, they operated the aircraft in farm and jungle runways (most of the cases improvised runways).If is possible, how to modificate the aircraft.cfg to solve this issues?(sorry for my bad english, and Thanks!)

What was the outside temperature? That's an essential part when it comes to takeoff because it has a significant impact on the density altitude.

Guest BeaverDriver
Flying the Carenado Saratoga for FS2004, I tried to make a takeoff from a short gravel runway with the aircraft in the max takeoff wheight. The runway was about 3280 ft long and the airfield was about 1000 ft above sea level.With the elevator trim set for takeoff and flaps in the first setting, I've applied power to the engine. The aircraft started to run on the runway, jumping a little because of the hard surface. The acceleration was poor and I reached the end of the runway with about 75 knots and still on the ground, a WEIRD performance from the plane. Result: in a poor rotation, the aircraft stalled and couldn't fly. I've tried the same conditions with the cessna 206 and it flew off normally, even fully loaded as the Saratoga.In MTOW, the plane is able to lift off only when the airspeed passes 80 kias. With the superslow acceleration, it requires very long runways for a GA aircraft.- My throttle is calibratted.- I'm setting the mixture correctly.- Before takeoff, I apllied full power with the aircraft in parking brakes.Can someone help me to figure out if this is normal? In the real life, the Saratogas (named "sertanejo" in the brazilian versions by Embraer) used to take off from very short runways at the MTOW. Real pilots said it to me, they operated the aircraft in farm and jungle runways (most of the cases improvised runways).If is possible, how to modificate the aircraft.cfg to solve this issues?(sorry for my bad english, and Thanks!)
Try trimming the airplane at the very rear of the takeoff setting range. Carenado machines seem to require this. It's as though the C of G is way too far forward, until you get in the air and then all is ok. If you want to try and cure the problem, go into your aircraft.cfg and double (at least - experiment) the trim effects for the elevator.

I solved the problem by editing the folowing line in the aircraft.cfg:max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalarI changed the value from 0.8 to 1.0a little change that resulted in a very better performance from the engine.I think it's according to the real performance right now.