Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Aircraft model

Hi All,Just installed Fly2 on new laptop using Simvol DVDs.Able to fly around Nice but unable to fly to San Francisco.Able to start from LAX but en-route get message 'Unable to load aircraft model: s 340 SHAD.acm and also B737 Shad.acm.File AMODEL CPP Line 226Anybody have any ideas how to get around this problem?Thanks in advance.Ian

Guest chezz123
Hi All,Just installed Fly2 on new laptop using Simvol DVDs.Able to fly around Nice but unable to fly to San Francisco.Able to start from LAX but en-route get message 'Unable to load aircraft model: s 340 SHAD.acm and also B737 Shad.acm.File AMODEL CPP Line 226Anybody have any ideas how to get around this problem?Thanks in advance.Ian
I have the same issues. Can someone help us please.Thanks.chris_CA

Chris,By searching through Simvol and AVSIM fora I think the error may relate to the aircraft not being installed and Squawkbox 3.2 picking this up.I have installed the B737 of Giorgio Gnesda but am unable to find the Saab 340 which was ? uploaded by Tony C.Ian

Chris,By searching through Simvol and AVSIM fora I think the error may relate to the aircraft not being installed and Squawkbox 3.2 picking this up.I have installed the B737 of Giorgio Gnesda but am unable to find the Saab 340 which was ? uploaded by Tony C.Ian
Hey Ian and Chris!The SAAB340 was done by Pontus Hedland, with beta2 release having a modified panel done by Tony Cervone. ROTW's Laurent Claudet did some dll work for that release. I did a quick search for Saab340 on main Library page but changed it to look only in the FLY!II Aircraft section, and Beta 2 is available there for downloading. :( If you have problems finding it, let me know via PM.I am now running Fly!II on Win7 and an ATI Mobility card Aside from a squeezed display (My default screen size on this laptop is 1366x768 - Fly!II graphics for panels and such were only done out to 1024x768 originally - so have to go and try resizing my panels and such).... not sure why the crashes near SFO at this time. But I will see if there is something strange happening on my setup ( a stock install with patches), and see if I can duplicate / help solve. As Ian points out, SIMVOL has a forum (in English) for DVD support one can drop a note or two in. One might post their respective fly.ini and render.ini settings along with machine specs. Also - Randall re-uploaded Biber Salsa's BibersAll static models file which many scenery developers used. If you do not have this, need to get and install. I seem to recall it having a SAAB 340 static in it, and this could be causing the crash.Cheers!Ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster