Do the waypoints in a flight plan determine the enroute weather or is it the path of the plan through FSX? I am using ASX now and I can only import plans determined by FSX with a pln extension. I save plans for CS and PMDG planes which have a rt, rte, rte2 extension. Can these plans be imported into ASE?Thank youMichael Cubine

Hi,Weather is determined by your plane's location in FS. No, ASE can only import .pln files. It does help to have a plan processed in either program but is not a requirement.

Hi,Weather is determined by your plane's location in FS. No, ASE can only import .pln files. It does help to have a plan processed in either program but is not a requirement.
JimThank you for your prompt reply. I don't understand why waypoints that make up the route should be entered into ASX or ASE. Since I enter flightplans from Flightaware.com into the FMC or FMS as opposed entering flighplans from FSX Flight Plan the routes can vary as mich as several hundred miles. I understand that with waypoints I will get wind and temp for each waypoint but what good is that info if I am hundreds of miles away from the waypoints in the FS Plan? Why not just use origin and destination to create a flightplan in ASX or ASE?Thank youMichael Cubine

Hi,Additional waypoints can help in wind smoothing and can give you more information about the weather you will experience such as winds aloft.You can sure just enter the 2 airports and process, but then you have no information in between.Save your imported plan in FSX and then use that plan in AS.