Sign in to follow this  
Watcher

EGCC feathers incorrrect

I am not sure when this problem started since I hadn't been flying to Manchester for a while. Tried a flight yesterday and found that the feathers for 24R were falling right on top of 24L and the CDI needle failed to work. My question is in two parts. First, what in FSX determines where the feathers fall? Second, how do I correct this problem? I did recently install Scenery 2000 volumes 1 and 2 but have been assured that Manchester is not included in this airport scenery. Hence, I need to look elsewhere. Any help or pointing in the right direction to investigate would be much appreciated.

Guest anthony31fs

ILS info is part of the airport file.Get a copy of Airport Design Editor (it's free!).Use the open airport function. Type in EGCC as the airport name or ID.ADE will then read your scenery folders and show you all the airport files with EGCC. If you really have no other EGCC then the only airport that should show up is the STOCK one.If there are any extra EGCC's floating about on your system then they will show as MOD.Load the airport into ADE. Click on View and Show Navaids which will display the locations of the ILS beacons. You can move them about by clicking on them and dragging them around.I have attached a pic of how the stock EGCC looks on my system (note that I am using AFX and not ADE).

There's a possibility that the change to the runway designations at Manchester might have something to do with it, i.e. because of the annual magnetic shift, Manchester no long has runway 24 left and right, but now has runway 23 left and right, with of course the corresponding reciprocal runway numbers at the other end.It will be the AFCAD file that determines all the technical data relating to the airport such as ILS localiser positioning and frequencies, so it seems you may have the bgl sceneries for one rendition of the airport, and the behind the scenes data for another. Sometimes traffic add-ons can cause this problem (this, for example, occurred in the Malta Scenery I reviewed for Avsim, and necessitated a bit of a tweak, and it was purely a traffic add-on problem - ultimate traffic - that caused it, not an add-on airport scenery clash). So even when you haven't actually installed scenery for the place, such glitches can be caused by duplicate or conflicting files for the same location that are part of a traffic package. If you fly into EGCC only once in a while, then you might as well stick it back on the default airport (which may mean manually searching for the clashing files), however, if you fly there a lot, then the best solution is to get hold of UK2000's Manchester Extreme scenery, which will most likely solve the problems and is really excellent too by the way.Alternatively, you can fix it yourself by getting hold of this airport creation and editing tool (which is donationware, i.e. free unless you are feeling magnanimous): http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/Using that would enable you to take a look 'under the hood' and see exactly what is going on.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here