Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

Slow FO

Hi, i recently bought the PMDG MD11X edition of fs2crew and although i haven't had time to thoroughly test it i think its very realistic, but i gotta admit i have a bit of a guilty conscience for not having to do the full preflight myself :DI have a couple of questions with both AES compatibility and a problem i discovered.First the AES questions: Do i have to do anything special when using Fs2crew together with AES? Also to synch the AES deboarding, cleaning, catering, fueling and boarding with fs2crew i've set deboarding to 6 minutes, cleaning to 10, fueling to 11 and boarding to 17 minutes. Does that seem right to the ones who own AES? I want the fueling and cleaning to be done by the time boarding is starting in fs2crew.Also, if i want to have AES do the pushback, is there anything i should configure, think about, do or not do?And lastly, i think i've come a cross a problem with fs2crew, or maybe its just a case of a pebkac error ;)Anyway, when at 35 minutes, the manual states that the FO should begin phase 2 of the preflight with starts (or maybe phase 1 ends, cant remember) with IRS put in nav, so that the cpt can begin fms setup.The FO doesn't however, i waited to 30 and the purser called me to do the evac test, and then the clock went to 27 and no irs alignment so far. Kinda screws up my setup because its a bit hard to do the evac test and phase 2 setup at the same time. How can i troubleshoot this error?Thanks in advance

Hi, i recently bought the PMDG MD11X edition of fs2crew and although i haven't had time to thoroughly test it i think its very realistic, but i gotta admit i have a bit of a guilty conscience for not having to do the full preflight myself :DI have a couple of questions with both AES compatibility and a problem i discovered.First the AES questions: Do i have to do anything special when using Fs2crew together with AES? Also to synch the AES deboarding, cleaning, catering, fueling and boarding with fs2crew i've set deboarding to 6 minutes, cleaning to 10, fueling to 11 and boarding to 17 minutes. Does that seem right to the ones who own AES? I want the fueling and cleaning to be done by the time boarding is starting in fs2crew.Also, if i want to have AES do the pushback, is there anything i should configure, think about, do or not do?And lastly, i think i've come a cross a problem with fs2crew, or maybe its just a case of a pebkac error ;)Anyway, when at 35 minutes, the manual states that the FO should begin phase 2 of the preflight with starts (or maybe phase 1 ends, cant remember) with IRS put in nav, so that the cpt can begin fms setup.The FO doesn't however, i waited to 30 and the purser called me to do the evac test, and then the clock went to 27 and no irs alignment so far. Kinda screws up my setup because its a bit hard to do the evac test and phase 2 setup at the same time. How can i troubleshoot this error?Thanks in advance
Hi William,AES: Please check Page 49 of the manual. If you want to use AES, simply don't use the FS2Crew Start Crew. Pre-Flight Events: Are you fast forwarding the time down?Also, ensure you have the latest FS2Crew FS2Crew MD-11 Update installed.Best,

Hi, no, fast forward was never touched, but i saw now that my start center is 2008/09 and the md11 has a new update which i haven't installed. I never looked to see if there was any updates because i last time i used fs2crew (for 744X) the start center told me when it was out of date (or so i remember).Anyway ill update the start center and the md11 patch and hopefully that'll fix it, thanks.

Hi, thanks for the help before, it worked. Unfortunately i have a new problem. If after a flight i want to do a new leg the FO won't do anything at all. I saw him open one panel, but he did nothing. At the time of writing i have 22 minutes left, and the purser has not made request for an evac test, the only one that has called was the engineer to ask if he could close the refueling panel. I hadn't refueled though because the FO hadn't started IRS alignment. I know that in some company procedures (like swiss) they do not perform most of the tests after a turn-around. Is this the case with Fs2crew? If so, am i as cpt supposed to align IRS? If fs2crew has modelled a turn-around, could you give me a brief "checklist" of what i am supposed to do as there is nothing about this in the manual? (ie 45'00'' do this, 40'00'' do that)Also, when after parking checklist, i clicked on the right key on the 1st fs2crew panel to skip the leaving aircraft mode and go directly to final cockpit prep, and then pressed start on the 2nd panel. Was this the right procedure?Thanks in advance

Hi, thanks for the help before, it worked. Unfortunately i have a new problem. If after a flight i want to do a new leg the FO won't do anything at all. I saw him open one panel, but he did nothing. At the time of writing i have 22 minutes left, and the purser has not made request for an evac test, the only one that has called was the engineer to ask if he could close the refueling panel. I hadn't refueled though because the FO hadn't started IRS alignment. I know that in some company procedures (like swiss) they do not perform most of the tests after a turn-around. Is this the case with Fs2crew? If so, am i as cpt supposed to align IRS? If fs2crew has modelled a turn-around, could you give me a brief "checklist" of what i am supposed to do as there is nothing about this in the manual? (ie 45'00'' do this, 40'00'' do that)Also, when after parking checklist, i clicked on the right key on the 1st fs2crew panel to skip the leaving aircraft mode and go directly to final cockpit prep, and then pressed start on the 2nd panel. Was this the right procedure?Thanks in advance
Here's some notes for the "2nd" leg (thru-Flight).1. From the manual:"Run the LEAVING CHECKLIST when ready to leave the plane. However, if you’re going to carry on and fly a second leg, do not run the LEAVING CHECKLIST. (Instead connect EXTERNAL power and shut down the APU when parked at the gate.)"2. The FO doesn't need to much on the 2nd leg because the aircraft is already set up and you generally only need to perform most systems tests on the first flight of the day. Same thing with the Evac test,etc. No need to do it twice.3. For the other stuff, like calling for the checklist, etc., you can use the same timings if desired from the 1st leg.Best,

Ok, thanks bryan. So i have to align the IRS myself? Also, i have started doing freight flights. In the manual it says that i have to close the doors myself (cabin), that means i arm them aswell, right? When the flight is done, should i disarm myself or tell the cabin attendants to disarm slides?Just so i know for sure, are there any cabin anouncements i have to do as pilot on a freight flight, and if so, what are these?Thanks in advance, sorry for being a slow learner :)

Ok, thanks bryan. So i have to align the IRS myself? Also, i have started doing freight flights. In the manual it says that i have to close the doors myself (cabin), that means i arm them aswell, right? When the flight is done, should i disarm myself or tell the cabin attendants to disarm slides?Just so i know for sure, are there any cabin anouncements i have to do as pilot on a freight flight, and if so, what are these?Thanks in advance, sorry for being a slow learner :)
Hi,I'd have to check the code and my notes from my MD-11 consultant, but if the FO doesn't set the IRS to NAV on the 2nd leg, do it for him. No cabin announcements on a freighter unless you want to talk to the freight :-) You would need to arm the slides yourself since there are no FA's.Cheers,

Yeah, thats what i thought :D Thanks a lot for your help, i think im set.