Sign in to follow this  
dogs53

Assertion Failure

Hi ... I recently began running W7 with FSX and SB 4. I am getting "Assertion Failure Messages" Any ideas on how to correct?ThanksBob LeBoeuf

Try running SB outside of FSX. Don't select it from the add-on's menu in FSX. And rename the Squawkbox folder in the fsx/aircraft directory.The solution has worked for me so far.(Edit)Wow, I did not realize how old the post was.

Try running SB outside of FSX. Don't select it from the add-on's menu in FSX. And rename the Squawkbox folder in the fsx/aircraft directory.The solution has worked for me so far.(Edit)Wow, I did not realize how old the post was.
What should I rename it to? Thanks and please let me know.Bob

No problem with the age, the problem persists. I'm glad to take any hint. :)

Do you mean fire up Squawkbox first and then fire up FSX?

I wanted to edit my post, but couldn't find a button to do so ...

Anyway, just to let you know, I just did my first flight starting Squawkbox from the start menu, and I didn't get the assertion error.