Sign in to follow this  
Fonchy

Tile Proxy

After doing various jobs in scenery to Fly and have tested the potential of Tileproxy (software to fly with Google-earth scenery, Yahoomaps, etc.) I think that if you could fly operating in Legacy, would conclude work on scenery. You can see in the following link, which makes the transition tile proxy in the coastline, still visible the seabed, and bringing more reality to the scenery. Tileproxy run on FSx and X-PlaneI have tried something, but my few programming skills have not given me no par result.

Many Regards Fonchy

Highly interesting, Fonchy! It would help solve many scenery problems, EXCEPT for having 3D buildings in place from say, TerraModels. One would eventually need to D/L the aerial shots and then try to match building positions. So while ground scenery ah-la TerraScene would not be necessary, mastering TerraModels would be of great importance. However this would carry great merit if the wizzes at ROTW or Chris were able to pull this off. Definitely something for consideration!Many thanks for sharing this idea!!Many Cheers!Ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken, one of the advantages of flying with Tile Proxy is that the scenery have up to 30 cm per pixel resolution. With this resolution you have all the visual references as the 3D is not necessary, only when you're on ground (airport). When flying in the real world at 1000 feet you can see the ground like a texture, do not appreciate the different heights of the houses (Eiffel Tower you if you can see). With no 3D you have more frames per second. I've tried it in a notebook (the video card holders is not very powerful) and performance is good, no breaks.And the best part is that you have all world scenery.Many Regards Fonchy

I highly agree, Fonchy! Very well worth the effort to work on this idea further. Working out airport buildings would not be too hard since we can still use TerraModels, which were quite frame rate friendly as well. Just a matter of being able to bring the image of the airport into Terra Models itself for placement. I'm just one of those old diehards that enjoys airport buildings at my airports, I guess! Big%20Grin.gifHopefully Chris and the ROTW gang will look into this and see if it is possible to do anything. Many cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster