Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waltm

Persistent CTD near Juneau, Alaska

Guest Waltm

Yesterday I experienced a crash-to-desktop (CTD) while approaching Juneau airport (PAJN) from the south. As I saved my flight a few seconds prior to the CTD, the CTD is reproducible by simply reloading the saved flight.QUESTION: Does anybody know of any such CTD "Bermuda Triangles" near Juneau?Here

Guest racartron

No sense in doing a re-install. It's a reoccurance of the seasonal transition bug first seen on Nov 21 last year. Changing the the date a few weeks ahead or back and the problem should disappear (it says here in small print)It occurs randomly through the world and is -- as you've seen -- very reproducible.It is not directly related to any add-on stuff. SOme folks have seen this problem with no add-ons.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Do a search here on this issue. There's been long, long threads on this problem and several work around fixes. It's a Microsoft issue and not the fault of add ons. The one I've had most success with is the so called "German" fix. There are numerous threads here with the link to the downloads for this fix. It may even be included in the FS9 tips at the top of this forum.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Waltm

Indeed, it appears to be a seasonal issue. If I change the season from Winter to Spring, no more CTD.I've seen references to this issue before, but I didn't think it would be specific to any particular geographic location.Thanks everyone for your responses.-- Walt