Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Scenery error help

I don't know what I did, but when FS2002 starts I get the following messegeSCENERY.CFG file error! Local scenery directory (Addon sceneryscenery) in scenery area.121 not found.How do I fix this?

You must of renamed/changed the location of the scenery folder in the 'addon scenery' folder. I would backup your scenery cfg, then delete that line in the scenery cfg. FS should then load ok. You can that add whatever scenery you had in that folder in FS.

Open your scenery.cfg file and search for '121' (or 'area.121') that will show you which scenery is causing the problem and the location of the scenery in your Addonscenery folder.You should then be able to look in that folder and see if you have inadvertently deleted that scenery.If you install addon scenery the way most of us do it should be easy.Create a folder in addon scenery and give it the name of the scenery area. Say I was installing scenery Frankfurt I would create a folder addon sceneryfrankfurt and then add the scenery and texture folders from that addon scenery to the addon sceneryfrankfurt folder.Let's assume that when that scenery is added to the scenery library it is added as area 121. If I then search the scenery.cfg file for '121' it will show me theat scenery is located in addon sceneryfrankfurt.If you just copy all your addon scenery files to addon sceneryscenery and all your addon scenery textures to addon scenerytextures you stand very little chance of locating which files belong to which addon.HTH

Guest Barney1

You likely deleted a scenery folder, whether by choice or mistake matters not, without first disabling, or deleting it within the Scenery Library.If you are able to access the Scenery Library after startup, check to see that there isn't an entry for a prior Scenery Area that no longer resides in your system.

Thanks all :-) It seems I must of deleted the Scenery folder in the main ADDON SCENERY folder (ADDON SCENERY/scenery) I think its all fixed now. I found the scenery folder from he discs and added it back to the addon scenery folder.