Sign in to follow this  
Guest advocatexxx

Transatlantic routes

Guest advocatexxx

I was saddened to realized when wanting to fly from New York to London that the default MSFS 2004 does not have any transatlantic routes. When plotting a course, the flight planner sent the course all the way out to alaska then over the north pole just to get me to London.Does anyone know if there are scenery add-ons which add these missing oceanic coordinates so that direct routes can be planned? Much thanks beforehand.

Hi,to fly from N.York to London following a real north atlantic route download in AVSIM NAT V.2.zip author Gianfranco Corrias.Inside the package you'll find the file to install all north atlantic waypoints and a tutorial to plan correctly all north atlantic flights .Go also to www.panelshop.com in the forum/flight plan you'll find severalflight plans with KJFK-EGLL too.You can find KJFK-EGLL also in AVSIM forums at flight plans sharing forum (last in the forum list).

Guest yarvelling

??Having read your post, I started up FS9, and tried setting up a flight from EGLL to KJFK....the show-route screen showed a nice arc from the UK straight into New York. I then tried from KJFK to EGLL...same thing...a nice arc across the Atlantic to London. Nowhere near Alaska or the North Pole. I too am using the standard default FS9 flight planner, and don't have any other flight planner installed, and have never downloaded any!I don't know where your problem is coming from, but it's not a Microsoft error/bug....perhaps one of your downloads is causing your problem?

Guest CargoMun

I think this happens if you let FS9 flightplanner use High altertude planning not just direct GPS planning. I've experienced it as well - and it pursuaded me to always use FSNav/NAVData for planning any kind of flight.Its really annoying that the sim after all this time still has the airways and VOR's and such hardcoded into the program so its not possible to update the data manually.

Maybe you can't edit existing NAV Data, but I just installed the file mentioned a few posts up, and now there be NAT waypoints! No more manually editing pln files to add in the NAT waypoints.Joe Wagner

Guest smoothlander247

Hmmm. Thats an Odd one. I flew From JFK New York to Heathrow London in a Orbit 777 and it Directed me trough the Northern Atlantic not to Alaska. Try Experimenting with Diffrent Airports mabey other Airports may have the route. You could Try, Newark for example witch is about 45 minutes(Car drive)from JFK but only about 10 minutes in an Airplane. Konrad

Guest BernBear

Yes, It's a sad fact that FS9 does that to you whenever you select high altitude airways for North atlantic routes. FS9 actually does a worse job of it than FS2002. 02 would always first send me down to Spain when planning flights from LSZH (Zurich) and then across the pond, this I just corrected manually, but the Alaska bit is much more tedious to get rid of.Earlier, I just edited the FS flight plan manually, since some of the NAT waypoints are there in FS9. Later I progressed to using FSNav, which does a decent job, but does not use the actual track or airway names. Now I use FSBuild 2.1 (www.fsbuild.com) which allows you to download static and daily NAT tracks so you plan realistic routes across the pond. FSBuild is not free, but if you frequently plan any flights along airways, you might want to consider the investment, since the developer always provides current Navigation Data, currently that is Airac cycle 0204.Best RegardsMax (Bern, LSZB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

going the other way, FS9 sends you from London down to the westernmost point of Portugal then on a great circle route across the Atlantic:- whereas anyone who has done it for real knows that you arc more or less directly across Irelandi haven't tried it with FsNavigator, but it has to be better than that!

ngxu_banner.png

Guest C172pilot

To do NAT crossings.. use FSbuild 2 and have them make you one. Don't expect MSFS to give you clearance. :-lol. Make sure to add in 138mins+ for ETOPS(if you're dual engine). I could give you extreme details from my RW experiences(x100) but I am just to tired. good luck

Guest advocatexxx

Thanks to everyone for your suggestsions.