Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Computerhead2

FSX migration to new build computer - help

I have just ordered my next FSX PC (see specs below) and have been searching for a tutorial, or post that instruct how to best move FSX. I also bought another copy just to be legal because I likely will keep the current Q6600/680i based (EVGA 9600GT video card). Are there any best practices, or tips that anybody would recommend ? I am especially concerned about my logbook and mission accomplishments.Thanks in advance. * Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield * ASUS P6X58D-E * CORSAIR XMS3 6GB DDR3 1600 (XMP) * EVGA 01G-P3-1372-TR GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked 1GB * LG Black Blu-ray Disc Combo SATA * Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s * Antec Sonata Elite Black * Antec TruePower New TP-650 650W * Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler * GELID Solutions FN-PX12-15 120mm Case Fan * SABRENT CRW-UINB 68-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Card Reader ) * Flight Simulator X Gold Edition

If on Win7 Make a backup of the logbook.bin file located at X:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files and make a backup of GrantedRewards.BIN loacted at X:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXFor XP and Vista read this link: http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/tips/Pages/SupportAlertFilesRemovedonFSXUninstall.aspxAfter backing up the files you wish to back up. You will want to do a clean install of FSX. Migration is not advisable due to registry entries. This is especially true for addons.Regards,Bob