Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bigshot

Monitor says "Out of Range"

Hi!I've got a real problem. While trying different display-resolutions at one of this resolutions my monitor said "Out of Range". So I am not able to solve this problem because I can't see the menu anymore. Is there some sollution to solve this problem? Maybe its possible to change some *.cfg or so.Otherwise I have to install FS2004 a second time only because of a bad resolution. :(ThxSasa

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Sasa,go and search for the FS9.cfg. No, it's NOT in the FS2004 folder anymore!You will have to access it under "DesktopDrive C:Documents and SettingsLocal User (Your user account/computer's name)Application DataMicrosoftFS9 Folder". Make sure that you've chosen the options for displaying hidden or system folders and files as well.Search for the line that starts with

You can start up in safe mode. Just hold down the F8 key while you system is restarting. Go into safe mode. Right click on the desktop and select properties/settings/advanced/adaptor. There you can set the system to adapter default. Then restart in normal mode.What may have happened is you went to a resolution that doesn't support the refresh rate you had set or either your monitor or video card doesn't support that particular setting.I had this happen just the other day when I changed from a high end monitor to an ole cheapy monitor forgeting to turn the refresh rate down first.PS: I thought he was talking about his system saying out of scan and not just the game. Do what Thomas suggested if it's just the game you're having trouble with.