Sign in to follow this  
Sumits81

ATi 10.8 drivers and FSX issue

Hi all,Dont know if any of you are also having this issue. Installed the latest ATi drivers (10.8) and now i get horrible jaggedness in the default screen of FSX (when you fire it up) and also when in windowed mode. Can you guys please suggest ways of fixing this or the best driver set to downgrade to?Many thanks in advance.Cheers

You will have to experiment with ATI driver settings and FSX options.There should be some valuable information here at Avsim in some of the threads.Search for ATI and FSX, and also for ******* Altuve posts.

Hi all,Dont know if any of you are also having this issue. Installed the latest ATi drivers (10.8) and now i get horrible jaggedness in the default screen of FSX (when you fire it up) and also when in windowed mode. Can you guys please suggest ways of fixing this or the best driver set to downgrade to?Many thanks in advance.Cheers
I'll assume you have Anti-Ailiasing set under the 3D control panel?? 10.6 worked fine for me when I had it, plus I've NEVER seen an Ati Catalyst improve performance in FSX in almost 10 drivers, so it shouldn't be a problem going back one or two.

I had the same AA problem after installing Catalyst 10.8, there must be something wrong with this new version.I re-installed 10.7 and I have AA in windowed mode again.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I had the same AA problem after installing Catalyst 10.8, there must be something wrong with this new version.I re-installed 10.7 and I have AA in windowed mode again.
Thanks for the reply guys. Much appreciated.I did the exact same thing ie downgrade back to 10.7 and all is back to normal again. 10.8 seems to have issues with AA in windowed mode. I hope ATi wake up and fix this issue in the next release.Cheers guys...Happy flying ;-)