Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nojwod

Caravan and a default starting flight

From day one my Caravan has flown beautifully. Others have had problems with throttle, power, prop settings, etc. Most of you will know this but for anyone who doesn't: Every single time you want to fly in an aircraft in FSX you need to start from the opening screen, or from a default flight such as Friday harbor in the C172, in order to ensure there are no leftover settings from another aircraft in memory. If you switch from any saved flight or any other aircraft you are likely to have flight model errors and problems.I don't know why this is, it's been with us since FS2000 at least.I also don't know how other add-ons such as Reality XP instruments etc interact with the flight model, it's entirely possible they have unintended consequences.So, before you fly in the Caravan, start FSX from scratch, and set up your flight from the opening screen where you choose the aircraft, weather etc. If you take that one simple precaution you will be getting the flight model as it was designed.This goes for all aircraft, default and add-on.

I can't argue with you, but there will be plenty of others who will. There are plenty of folks who get away with loading their favorite plane from the Free Flight window and have what they consider to be perfectly acceptable results.On my initial flight with the Caravan, I did as you describe (my experience with the Aeroworx B200 in FS9 and the Flight1 Citation Mustang in FSX have proven to me that this is necessary until proven otherwise). My first flight with the Caravan was anything but what I would call "beautiful", since the engine was way out of whack. Those things have now been fixed, because they NEEDED to be fixed.I will agree that those who have had spurious throttle and other problems should consider at least trying to load the original default situation, or at least initialize the sim with a default aircraft.