Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chip1

GTX-480 and i7-980X problems?

Aloha from Maui,I have just upgraded from a i7-930 to the i7-980X and am using the GTX-480 for the graphics and no overclocking at this time. The improvement is is more than I expected with FSX flying now being very smooth with excellent frame rates. The problem I'm having is graphics glitches that happen randomly when landing or flying at low altitudes. The "glitches" seem to be related to autogen scenery activation. Some scenery such as certain runways flash white for a few milliseconds. Groups of trees in rare cases flash white when the autogen trees are activated. When flying at high speeds a few hundred feet above the ground I never see any of the stated problems. When slewing FSX at low altitudes (1500 feet) the "problem" is much worse. I have given FS9 a try over heavy scenery and nothing like this ever happens. I have tested the graphics with Kombuster and the system is perfect. No artifacts. All of Nick's settings for nHancer and Windows 7 64 are set properly. I am using service pack 1 and 2 with Microsoft Acceleration. I also have the FSX Gold Addition waiting to replace the present FSX install if I find no fix. I can't recall having the same problem with the i7-930 but only used it for a short time before going over to the 980X. I was mainly working on scenery design and the same "problems" may have been there. Only FSX seems to have this problem. I don't know what is normal for FSX as I have only been using it for a few months.You can find some photos of the glitches located on the forums Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers. Listed under Graphics Problem with GTX-480 and i7-980XI posted my question on under MOBO, RAM, CPU'S & Other Hardware because I'm wondering if the problems might be related to the hardware I'm using. The MOBO or RAM?Any suggestions would be appreciated.Chip

Try turning off hyperthreading in your bios as a test as a "test and see".Another option: What video card driver are you using? Not the newest one I assume if your using nhancer. Try the newest driver and instead of nhancer, use this guide http://forum.avsim.n...ransparency-aa/
I turned off the hyperthreading and no change in the problem. You are correct, because I like nHancer I have not yet upgraded the drivers to the latest versions. I guess I'm up against a wall and will have to do that now. I'll let you know if any change takes place. Thanks much for the help. Chip

The flashes you see is FSX loading the lights. The PAPI lights on the runways, and the landing lights on the aircraft, for instance.