Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rossdh

GTX 480 CTD

Hi folks. I'm having a problem with my 480 with it constanly crashing to the desktop with a fatal error. The error code I get is nvd3dum.dll. Anyone have any ideas? Driver wise I use 257.21 but have also used 258.96 and get the same issues.Cheers,Ross

Guest firehawk44
Hi folks. I'm having a problem with my 480 with it constanly crashing to the desktop with a fatal error. The error code I get is nvd3dum.dll. Anyone have any ideas? Driver wise I use 257.21 but have also used 258.96 and get the same issues.Cheers,Ross
You may be having a conflict between an older display driver vs your current display driver. I would uninstall your display driver then run a registry cleaner then reinstall your video card drivers.Best regards,Jim

You're running your mobo overclocked 50% to 200 MHz, 8 gigs of RAM at 1600 MHZ, and a 480GTX--all from a 650W PSU...I'd be watching my 12v rail voltages closely, because you're probably right at the ragged edge.Do you have the same problem at lower (stock) speeds?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Used Driver Sweeper and that seems to do the trick. And w6kd, I know what you mean. I wanted a 750W or an 850W but the the guy at the store and everyone I spoke to said as long as the 12V rail was over a certain value then I'd be ok.