Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

CH Yoke not passing keypresses to FSX anymore

Hi,I've been using my CH Yoke (and I also have the CH pedals) for many years now and never had a problem and now all of a sudden some of the keys I've mapped to my yoke are not passed on to FSX anymore. One of these are the 'g' character to lower/raise the gear. When I press the button on my CH yoke mapped to this character nothing happens. If I press the 'G' key manually on the keyboard it works just fine BUT...if I for instance open up Notepad and then press the button on my CH yoke I will get a new 'G' for every keypress so...for some reason my CH yoke won't pass keys to FSX but just fine to other programs or maybe it's FSX that for some reason won't accept key presses coming from my CH yoke. Also this problem is only true for some of the buttons on my CH yoke where other buttons work just fine like the always did. Very strange huh!? :Confused: I've tried re-downloading the profile in CH Control Manager but the problem remains.Anyone else experienced this or has a clue what might be causing it?TIA,

Richard Åsberg

Hi WebMaximus,You should probably use:g NULLMost users guides would call it the "G" key, it looks nicer in print, but generally they really want the lower-case version. The CM knows the difference and puts the Left Shift press and release in for you.Also, entering just "g" causes the key to autorepeat so it can end up cycling up-down-up-down-up..... forever. Adding the NULL stops the autorepeat and fixes the problem.FWIW, the seperate GearUp and GearDn commands are still available. FS doesn't make them obvious, though. You need to set it up in the configuration file. Looks at the Yoke USB in the "standard.xml" file in your main FS folder, it still uses them, but that's the only place it appears.Hope this helps!Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Thanks for your reply Bob but I managed to solve the problem which indeed was what you suggested, what was sent was in fact 'G' and not 'g' since I had assigned SHIFT to the shift button in CH Control Manager and the button I use for gear up/down was of the 'Shifted action' type so therefor what was sent was SHIFT-G instead of just g.Thanks alot for your prompt reply though!

Richard Åsberg