Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Out of Memory Errors (yet another post!)

Hi, how?
Hey Rick99, if you want to try that.. 1 - goto control panel... 2 - open system...3 - select advanced system settings... 4 - select performance settings....5 - select advanced in the settings...6 - you'll see "VIRTUAL MEMORY"7 - click on change...8 - now untick automatically manage paging file size box9 - now select custom size radio button...10 - normally you will see the paging file size set are recommended sizes by system... but change them suppose you have INITIAL system size of 2gb(2048) set try changing it to 4gb(4096) and do same for MAX size...11 - click on set...12 - hit ok button...13 - restart your computer....14 - hope and pray the problem goes away...15 - youre ready to fly captain...

The web is FULL of misinformation - I suppose people post what they think is true. No need to be so aggressive with the fellow.In th end I bit the bullet and bought a new PC, specs below, so I shouldn't get OoM errors any more (in theory!),Martin
atleast I get to learn new things and new problems by posting "CRAP" if you like it that way Sir...

You're right about that Altstiff - I got so frustrated with low frame rates when flying PMDG 747s etc. into Heathrow/Los Angeles etc. (all 'heavy' addons) that I'd go to bed feeling quite depressed!! (OoMs became inevitable when flying certain a/c into certain airports - I just reloaded the flight with AutoSave and carried on), Last week I decided it wasn't worth the 'pain' and as I said, have just spent not too far short £2000 on a new PC for FS. I am half way through getting my highly-tweaked FS installation back on it. I hope and pray the results will be worth the outlay and I can sleep happy at night again!!Martin

Nickksy, I did not intend for my post to come off as aggressive, if it came off that way it was not intentional. The last thing I want to do is make things tense on the forum here of all places. I too hate to see people behave this way (and we do see this often).OOM errors are a very common thing with simmers and sending a person down the wrong road with the wrong information makes OOM errors even more annoying I think.I am no expert but I have had my share of them over the years and have looked into how to fix it. That is all I was trying to point out here. :( For me the fix was a 64bit O/S.