Sign in to follow this  

Hey Guys,I have an i7-860 and an ati 5850 running my fs setup. The 5850 works well with FS2004, and FSX, however when it comes to clouds in FSX, all my expectations were shattered. The fps drop from 30 to 13, and it becomes very hard to fly. I have downloaded and installed bojote's Shader 3.0 mod, as well as changed CCC settings (10.7 driver)....but no luck.Any ideas?Jeff

Guest morpheous

Same thing happens to me with my 2-gtx460 in surround vision, 30+ fps just about everywhere but cuts in half in clouds.Do you have REX? If so try loading the lower resolution clouds, not as detailed but still very cool and runs much smoother.Jim V

Hey Guys,I have an i7-860 and an ati 5850 running my fs setup. The 5850 works well with FS2004, and FSX, however when it comes to clouds in FSX, all my expectations were shattered. The fps drop from 30 to 13, and it becomes very hard to fly. I have downloaded and installed bojote's Shader 3.0 mod, as well as changed CCC settings (10.7 driver)....but no luck.Any ideas?Jeff

I use FSX clouds....I guess it is a problem with all new cards.Your 480s shouldn't have any trouble....thats really weird.

Guest TomOOO
I have a ATI 560v card and hit the same problem. When I used the shader mod from ******* the hit on the fps (and stutters)went away. I have REX2 which seamed to make stutters worse. I can get 25 fps now with cloudsand water on 2x max, with occasional drop to 20 fps.

Hi,That's weird... I'm using two XFX HD 5870 in xfire and I'm not having any problems... even with the latest 10.8 driver... My average FPS are around 40 to 45 (using REX 2.0, UTX USA Europe and Alaska, Ground Enviroment X NA, SceneryTech Landclass, FS Global 2010 and Europe and Ultimate Traffic II) when flying in default scenery with heavy clouds and 20 to 30 FPS in sceneries like LAX, London, NY, etc... Some people are complaining about the AA with driver 10.8 but I haven't seen any problems with that... Try tweaking a bit your Catalyst CC to find that sweet spot... I may be more a CPU related problem than a video problem...Before my current PC I had a QX9650 @ 3.8 GHz with a GTX280 SSC OC and sometimes the cloud issue was noticeable. I'm hoping that with the new Microsoft Flight all FSX issues about relying too much on CPU than video get fixed... http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/My settings are:AA using application settings and using box filterAAmode using Adaptive Multi-sample AAAF using application settingsCatalyst AI in StandardMipmap Detail Level in QualityPC Specs:Intel 980x @ 4.1GHz - 2 x XFX HD 5870 - Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz - Asus Essence STX - Hanns-G 28" HG281D 1920 x 1200 - LG Flatron LED 23" E2350V 1920 x 1080

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Dexter I have 10.7 as 10.8 gave me AA issues with FS9.My settings:8X Box AA8X AFQuality-Custom to App.Triple Buffering...I'll try your settings and report back...