Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

FS9 ATC Probs

Hi, anyone having the same problem as I..I start a simple flight out of CYZA and turn on ATC...there is a Piper in front of me that gets clearence to taxi to hold position so I follow behind him..He taxis to the position and just sits there and waits...then finnaly dissapears? Is there a certain way one has to turn on ATC? Has anyone else followed behind a plane that has just sat there not comunicating with ATC? Any help would be mucho appreciated..CheersPhil

Sometimes during initialization, the AI aircraft and ATC become confused. MS has an out for this condition, in that, after a set time period, the AI hasn't accomplished what is expected, the AI disappears. This hopefully frees up the system to return to more normal operation.If this occurs every time you start at this location at varying times of the day, then there may be a problem with the AI aircraft reaching the Hold Short position, i.e., could be missing or misplaced.One way to check is to see where the hold short is located is to select tower frequency prior to getting near the runway entrance, and watch for the option to indicate, "Request takeoff..." for your aircraft. If you have trouble finding the hold short then it could indicate a problem.Another way to check is to position yourself next to but off the taxiway near the runway entrance and watch several AI to see whether any AI ever takes off or if they all disappear. If they all disappear, then it is probably a scenery problem.Lastly, after trying to find CYZA (not part of default fs2002/fs2004), I am wondering if this is third party addon scenery.W. Sieffert

Do you stop behind the hold-short line? At some airports, if you're just slightly past it, ATC will think you're on the runway.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP