Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

2004 strange happenings

Hello all,Was playing with 2004 today, nothing special, and all of a sudden, the fps's went to 1 . . . from 17-20, to 1. It was like a slide show.Couldn't figure it out, thought my graphics card had finally bit the dust, (its overclocked a tad, ya know), but no, fired up 2002 and it ran just fine. Hmmmm.Ok, uninstalled fs2004, defraged the drive, and reinstalled. Right back up to where it was suppose to be, even perhaps a tad better.Everything is ok now, but curious as to what went wrong? And tried to fire it up several times even with lowesst settings before I uninstalled, same problem.Any ideas?Best to allClayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Clayton, Do a search in this forum and you'll see that a lot of us are having the same problem. Search under my name. I've started several threads about this problem especially on approach. If you have Win98 or 98Se it seems to be a memory management problem. I can't use FS9 because of this problem but I'm still working on it. Good luck.Steve

I notice you did a defrag and then the install of FS9. Some problems went away for me when I did a defrag AFTER the FS9 install. That's a big install and still had fragmentation...Just a sugestion.Phill

Hi Phil,I defraged before, used the sim once, and defragged again, and all seems well . . . however I'll reserve judgment for a day or two...LOLThe sim seems to run just a tad faster on the fps issue, but again, I'll wait to claim victory.BestClay