Sign in to follow this  
billhuntsman

Can't get Weather-Maker winter storm theme to work

I downloaded the Weather-Maker winter storm theme but it doesn't seem to work right for me. Whenever I select the "use weather themes" button and this particular theme, FS9 keeps resetting the weather to "user-defined weather" as soon as I return to flying. Am I missing something? I thought that this was just another theme that I could add to FS. Do I need to have the weather-maker program to make this winter theme work? Does anybody else have this problem with FS9 switching from themes to user-defined weather? (I have the latest FSUIPC by the way.)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bill -I havn't had anyone with a problem before with this, but let me see if I can help you. May I suggest you look in your Flight Simulator Folder such as:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9WeatherThemesMake sure you have 3 files: weathermaker_winterstorm.bmp weathermaker_winterstorm.wt weathermaker_winterstorm.wtbFSUIPC is not require nor is any other program required for this to work. If not I would be happy to send you the files individually. There might be a fourth file that is weathermaker.wt. If you have not downloaded the Cold Front file it may throw things off. It was an update file for the Cold Front theme.You can email me directly at: reedstough@calibresoftware.com.

Hi Reed-Thanks for the help. The only file of those three that wasn't there was the bitmap file, which I assumed was just a logo. I have downloaded the cold front file and will install those files including the bitmap to see if they make a difference. I'll let you know. Thanks.