Sign in to follow this  
tamba765

#1 FMC view, Saving Panels, keyboard commands

I have a few questions, 1) When I select the" #1 FMC" cockpit view, I'm unable to select the FMC menu or do anything else on the view. The pointer never shows up when hovering over a button or LSK, rendering the page useless.The other cockpit views work fine. 2) I'm trying to save a panel state where the aircraft is at a gate at KSEA with the engines and IRU's shutdown and the APU running and powering the busses.This is the state the real aircraft, actually a 777, was usually in when I arrived at the plane in real life. After saving the panel state in the PMDG window and making it the default flight in FSX,when I restart FSX, the aircraft still spawns at the gate with the engines running, the IRU's on and the APU off. Totally opposite from what I was trying to set up. 3) I attempted to program some keyboard commands such as opening the cargo doors, using the PMDG menu option. When I try to use the commands, nothing happens.Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. ThanksPete Locascio

Pete Locascio

Hi Pete, The main thing here is never ever ever, make a PMDG your default flight in FSX. FSX fails to load all the dll's properly and they get corrupt. It's funny because I nearly skipped that part of your message and was going to say right away to make sure you had a simple FSX plane set as your default. As for the FMC, I would go into your settings and make a keyboard shortcut for the FMC 2D popup since it's much easier to use and all the buttons will work without issue. For mine it's CTRL+SHIFT+F for FMC#1.You may need to free that up in FSX first though.Saved something like the default Cessna 172 or simpler as your saved default, then once FSX loads select your AC of choice. FSX also has weird issues with saving weather in Saved defaults a lot. So say your weather on the save is Thunderstorms and you load FSX with that as default, then go into weather and set it to clear, you will probably see lightning throughout your flight even though you set it to clear. Then do as you are, and set your panels the way you want then Save the flight, just not as default. If you want you could also find the saved file without FSX loaded and run it that way by just opening the file with "Open with: FSX". I have never done this personally but according to Grzegorz (Sawydz), it works fine.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier