Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Slight issue with -400F VC dome light (FSX)

Fellows, I just got the 747 a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. However, I have noticed one little thing when flying the freighter model that is bothering me. It seeems that when you turn on the dome light there is some flickering and funny looking graphics that show up near the overhead panel and on the sides near the left window. I took some screen shots to try and show what I am talking about, but since the problems is more like a flickering it was really hard to capture. In the attached screen shots I circled the area with red to point out the area that flickers.I also did a search and found this post http://forum.avsim.net/topic/123811-744x-freighter-vc-display-issues/page__p__814809__hl__dome+light__fromsearch__1#entry814809 but it is a few years old and I am not sure if anything has been done since then to fix this issue. This only happens in the freighter, the pax model is fine. Why its only the the F model I have no idea?Thanks in advance for the help.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyone from PMDG available to give me a hand with this one?Sean Campbell

Guest 413X3

I think someone like Ryan or Tabs said it was a problem built into the model that they know about but I highly doubt anything will be done.

I think someone like Ryan or Tabs said it was a problem built into the model that they know about but I highly doubt anything will be done.
Is that their final answer?I noticed in the thread that I linked they mentioned a work around for the windowsill flashing, but I couldn't find anything on it.Sean Campbell